Huztl FarmerTec What Saw Build Kit Would You Like to See Them Make?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll chime in I guess. I'd love to see Farmertec make some of those 85cc Poulans. 5200, 5400, 8500... I don't really care which one. Maybe one of the earlier models because more parts will interchange between the 5200 and 5400 than the 8500? Regardless, they've all been out of production for a while and parts (cylinders, full wrap handles, dogs, etc.) have gotten scarce. There's still a decent following for them and they can keep up with pretty much anything in their cc class. I'd jump on the chance to buy a new one (or 5).

The only thing I would do differently is to paint them in the green/purple wildthing color scheme so people can't pass them off as originals :laugh:

I don't think the Chinese cloners do anything but Stihl and Husqvarna but that's just from what I've seen..

The most widely copied saws are zenoahs G2500, g3800, g4500, g5200, and g621. The stihl and husqy ones are getting more popular. Now even the echo cs400 is getting copied, I've seen those popping up on Ebay and Alibaba.

The most widely copied saws are zenoahs G2500, g3800, g4500, g5200, and g621. The stihl and husqy ones are getting more popular. Now even the echo cs400 is getting copied, I've seen those popping up on Ebay and Alibaba.
I must have missed them, never saw anything but Stihl and Husky. I wondered why they never copied Echo..

I must have missed them, never saw anything but Stihl and Husky. I wondered why they never copied Echo..

Huztl/farmertec sell the zenoah clones under joncutter. They did try selling an echo cs400 clone for a little while.

I’ve read through this on and off a few times. I think I’ve read the entire thing, but still haven’t seen for sure... any chance of a 346xp? Or even a 345. I love mine. Also, a 3120 would be awesome.

Husqvarna 288xp!! There getting hard to find pen parts for and it’ll be awsome see a good clone like the 372xp oe clone

You can get the 268/272 with a 56mm or 56,5mm bore cylinder ready made, not by Farmertec but the quality cant be worse...
That's 84/86cc on a 6,3kg/13,9 lbs saw, very short stroke but still... its a nice and classic looking chainsaw probably with some grunt in it.

I'm looking forwards to get mine at the end of February. I will check out how it does with my Granberg minimill, that should be the ultimate test :chainsaw:

Here is one of those 372huztl saws after 20 minutes of run time. Could not pull vacuum on this case. Bad intake boot and clamp. No o-ring, bad clutch side seal.
Cylinder looked like I cast it and ported with hammer, chisel and drill. Beveling was bad on some ports or lacked finishing all together. Intake and Exhaust is rough at best. Why not just rebuild a used saw? IMG_8791.JPG IMG_8792.JPG IMG_8799.JPG IMG_8798.JPG

You can get the 268/272 with a 56mm or 56,5mm bore cylinder ready made, not by Farmertec but the quality cant be worse...
That's 84/86cc on a 6,3kg/13,9 lbs saw, very short stroke but still... its a nice and classic looking chainsaw probably with some grunt in it.

I'm looking forwards to get mine at the end of February. I will check out how it does with my Granberg minimill, that should be the ultimate test :chainsaw:
I’ve never built a farmertec/huztl kit yet. I’ve been getting parts for my stihl 034 and 026 and they do work well

Here is one of those 372huztl saws after 20 minutes of run time. Could not pull vacuum on this case. Bad intake boot and clamp. No o-ring, bad clutch side seal.
Cylinder looked like I cast it and ported with hammer, chisel and drill. Beveling was bad on some ports or lacked finishing all together. Intake and Exhaust is rough at best. Why not just rebuild a used saw? View attachment 799138 View attachment 799139 View attachment 799140 View attachment 799141
Was that a kit?
My kid built one with a 372 top end and she runs real good. He did have a starting problem after some use and I checked it out for him and it was the impulse line.
His boss has a woodmizer sawmill and burns the slab wood in his outdoor burner.
My kid beats the crap out of that saw cutting the piles of slabs.

Was that a kit?
My kid built one with a 372 top end and she runs real good. He did have a starting problem after some use and I checked it out for him and it was the impulse line.
His boss has a woodmizer sawmill and burns the slab wood in his outdoor burner.
My kid beats the crap out of that saw cutting the piles of slabs.
Not a kit. Believe it is hit and miss. This was a miss.

Latest posts

Back