Huztl have ripped me off!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Hogden

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I purchased a MS361 some time back and there were some missing parts. Just minor stuff like a few screws. At first they said they would send it. But when it didnt show up i opened a missing item case with Australia post to find the missing parcel. But now Huztle wont answer my emails.
After MANY attempts to contact them, This is the last email I sent them,
Hello Huztl

It is very obvious now that you are purposely ignoring me have been for the past 2 weeks.

I have done nothing to warrant this. I only wanted the missing parts from my MS361 kit (which seems to be lost or not sent). I can only assume you think i have the parts and i am wanting you to send the parts again.

You can see from the tracking information that i have lodged a missing parcel complaint with Australia Post and the parts have not been delivered.

I have sent you numerous emails from this address and you have ignored me. So i sent you a vague email from a different address and you respoded immediately, until you found out that it was me and i was asking for your help with the missing parts.

I have sent you messages through facebook as well. You have also chosen to ignore me on messenger as well.

I know for a fact that you are answering emails and messages from other customers as i have been in contact with some of your customers in Australia and America since my emails were sent.

You have also blocked my Huztle account. So i was forced to open another account. But once i sent you a message from the new account you blocked that account as well.

I am disgusted in your treatment and i will not be using you products in my chainsaw repair business from this point on. I will also not recommend Huztle to any of my many customers.

I have also decided to post a copy of this email on the many different chainsaw website forums that i am a member of if i dont hear from you in the next 48hrs. I hope to warn other people about your business ethics and make people aware of your treatment of me and my business.

Regards Matt Hogden

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I had a go with them too. Sent an 036 cylinder with a big hanger in one of the upper transfers. Sent them pictures and said I would send it back to them at their expense since I did not want to risk running it. They told me a technician said it would work fine and to run it and that this kind of **** quality is 'consistant with their samples'. I refused to use it and they refused to refund, wanted me to send it back to them on my dime. Half the parts I have recieved from them have been trash. No more Huztl for me.

Completely opposite of my experience with them.

I received a MS180 engine from them that wouldn’t turn over. Minor bump on the casting drug on the crank counterweight.

I sent them a note w/pictures and they sent another engine gratis. [emoji108]

Now that I'm a little more well versed in saws. I very rarely use china parts. (Even though much oem is now china made) If and when I do. I use hl, everest or stens. All three stand behind their parts and they are usually better quality. Especially the bars from stens.

I've had my fill of "good enough" quality.

Steven

Seriously, your dealing with a Chinese clone company with NO standards. You hear it all the time in threads people ******** about these kits from missing parts to not getting it to ever run or even putting OEM parts in there cases. Yes there are the ones that run and run very well but even they had trouble at some point during assembly. Its a gamble Im not willing to take. Plenty of used OEM saws out there that I can get the same aggravation from.

All that over some missing hardware?

Look, don't get offended, I'm not attacking you.

You bought a cheap knockoff saw that was missing some hardware. Presumably you saved hundreds of dollars vs buying the actual name brand. Why don't you leave a negative review on their site(s) and move on with your life. Go buy some hardware and put it in and go cut wood.

You get what you pay for. If you wasn't 100% satisfaction guarantee buy from eBay where you can return it.

I use many china part's the few issue's with huztl were out of 4 372 cylinders one wasn't tapped for the decomp.
And one ring was broken after i sent pics they sent me another cylinder and 2 piston kits and told me to keep the untapped cylinder .
Hl supply one of the 2 372 cylinders was bad they sent me one immediately.
And i returned the bad one.
I've had dozens of order's with the companies and ebay for china parts.
That's the only trouble i had.
But if any company treated me that way i would never do business with them again.

Customer service is customer service regardless of the item being peddled. If orders are shorted you get out the missing items asap and apologize. If a customer isn't happy with a part, you get out a replacement and apologize. If you can't make a customer happy, you issue a refund. Doesn't matter if it's knock-off chainsaw parts or a baked potato.

That said, it seems some merchants use volume as justification not to satisfy a customer. You're 1 or 3,000 people placing orders each day. That's a 99.9% satisfaction rate. Hell of a way to do business.

Although I don't shop at harbor freight I would expect something I purchased there to be sub par or need some TLC to make it work "correctly". That's what your paying for with OEM, hours of research and development, customer service, and a business that cares about their customers, product, and image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i've had good luck with alot of hutzl stuff although, i would not trust anything but their covers on a saw going to see high hours or work far away from a shop. i think a pro cutter would be hard pressed to get anymore then 40-60 good days out of one of their saws, maybe even less. their good enough for who their for though. lol

I've been treated better at harbor freight than at any retailer.
For about 10 year's since they opened here.
I've bought most of their corded tool's air compressors table saw's drills angle grinders reciprocating saw's water pumps etc.
And hand tool's too
Everything has been plug and play never returned anything.
4+ year's now on a 79.00 water pump that supplies my house.
Good enough for me lol

You bought a cheap knockoff saw that was missing some hardware. Presumably you saved hundreds of dollars vs buying the actual name brand. Why don't you leave a negative review on their site(s) and move on with your life. Go buy some hardware and put it in and go cut wood.

You get what you pay for. If you wasn't 100% satisfaction guarantee buy from eBay where you can return it.
I just want to state that ALL of my MANY saws are OEM.
I just wanted to try huztl as a project for a bit of interest. I never expected the saw to be a long term world beater or everyday user. But i DID expect to get a complete kit.
Just a warning to other people who are interested in a project,
STAY AWAY FROM HUZTL

I agree, but also; dealing with people is the same everywhere - if you go in with guns blazing from the start, you get what you deserve. A little kindness from the git-go goes a long way. I don't know, maybe Matt tried to work with them first and now his frustration comes from inaction from China, BUT when they are going to that kind of trouble to not talk to him, it makes me wonder about BOTH sides of the argument.

Just sayin' - the old saying "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" is absolutely true. Treat customer service people like you would want to be treated at first, then, if they screw with you, let them have it.

I agree, but also; dealing with people is the same everywhere - if you go in with guns blazing from the start, you get what you deserve. A little kindness from the git-go goes a long way. I don't know, maybe Matt tried to work with them first and now his frustration comes from inaction from China, BUT when they are going to that kind of trouble to not talk to him, it makes me wonder about BOTH sides of the argument.

Just sayin' - the old saying "you get more flies with honey than vinegar" is absolutely true. Treat customer service people like you would want to be treated at first, then, if they screw with you, let them have it.
I agree. And i was as nice as pie until they started ignoring me. What more can I do?
Just a warning to others

I once bought a BR600 that dropped a valve into the cylinder in its first hour of operation. Took it back to the Stihl dealer and they made it right after a week or so. In the meantime they offered me another BR600 for 20% off in recompense....which I also bought. Pretty nice and easy to go down the street to where you buy your equipment and not have to deal with foreign companies in lands that have no rules or BBBs to account to.

Latest posts

Back