Huztl have ripped me off!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
complaining about the quality of counterfeit, cloned, and copied parts or missing parts from a chinese company that is built around the theft of other companies products....:laugh:. If your buying a part for pennies on the dollar from a company that stole the design, your getting exactly what you paid for.

I did it and to some degree am still doing it. I dont like giving ebay a bigger piece of the pie than i get and i sure do like being able to determine when a customer gets to return a part for a full refund instead of the ebay policy of the customer is always right even when they buy new parts, install them, it doesnt fix the problem so lets just return it and ebay forces me to give them a full refund plus i pay shipping both ways. I wont even give feedback as a buyer/seller on ebay anymore...its a sham and anybody that buys/sells on there knows it but they continue to participate anyway.

it is a good stratagy if you are a good guy to do business with which you are. no order to small, i was there for a couple a pesky tools, more trouble to you then anything but you still accomodated me. if i ever want to try a dolmar ;). i haven't bought on ebay since the dollar went for ****.

anybody ever try that recoil rope hutzl sells that's only good for 10 days? lol

I had a similar experience with a fuel line a couple years ago, what I wanted I couldn't find in OEM, so I finally decided I'd try a Hustle one. Put it in, saw ran fine, the next day it wouldn't start. I opened the gas cap and dumped the fuel and what looked to be black slime out of the tank that turned out to be the fuel line. I sent them an email and kindly asked them for a replacement, they blocked me as a buyer from them on feepay, I opened a claim, got a full refund and went on with life. At the end of the day, them blocking me was not necessary as I will never do business with them again. I try to always use OEM, but at the time it wasn't an option. From there on out, I use no aftermarket parts, I tend to go with new or used OEM. The problem is that their prices are so low and there are so many guys throwing Chicom P&C kits in saws to flip them that our measly boycott will not affect them. A lot of guys only care about the saw running long enough for the next CL or feepay owner to make it across the curb with it.

ebay is better as when you do have issues, I have never had a problem not resolved when a case was opened.
bought a 372 kit from hutzl awhile back. of course it was missing parts also, so contacted them got all the part numbers of what was missing and they wanted me to place another order with them and they would send the missing parts with it.
I told them that wasn't going to happen when they messed up my first order with them, I would just source the parts elsewhere if they didn't want to make it right, they did ship the missing parts but suspect they are leaving parts out on purpose also, wonder how many may place another order with them just to get missing parts from there first order.
They originally told me to make another PURCHASE too !!!!!!!
And they said they would put the missing parts in with the new order.
I almost forgot about that part of the scam!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This "missing parts" deal must be a recent problem. I have built three Stihl-copy kits (066, 044, 380), and had no missing parts at all, other than a few screws. In fact I had parts left over (mostly rubber pieces). There WERE a few pieces that were manufactured wrong that I had to replace. From memory; a clutch drum with a bearing surface ID that was too small, and a chain brake spring that had a hook bent the wrong way. I sourced replacements locally and didn't mess with trying to get them from China. Now these were all received and built earlier this year, and I haven't built one in a while.

Quality-wise, not sure how they'll last as I haven't run those saws much, but the parts were all there - for the most part. No complaining about Huztl from me.
You didnt try and push for your missing parts from them. Thats why. You avoided the scam lol

Someone wrote on an AS thread sometime back that Stihl had a big factory in China, don't know that it's true but I do know that some of their carburetors come from there...

Until very recently, Stihl had their Zama carburetors designed in Japan and manufactured in China. Last year they opened a factory in The Philippines where they intend to move a large part of the Chinese production, starting from M-Tronic carburetors and fuel injectors for concrete saws.

Ordered my missing Huztle parts from Stihl dealer today
F:uck Huztl!

Someone wrote on an AS thread sometime back that Stihl had a big factory in China, don't know that it's true but I do know that some of their carburetors come from there...
The last 8 or more carbs i bought from stihl were china manufactured.
Chainsaw and weed/brushcutter.

The real problem with dealing directly with a Chinese company, like Huztl, is a completely different set of business ethics. Something that we consider over the line, bad business practices, and just plain rude is standard operating procedure for them. I know this first hand, my late father married a Chinese woman and brought her to America 13 years ago. I got to know her and some of her Chinese friends. I considered many of their practices rude and unscrupulous. Their business side can be considered cutthroat.

If don't believe me, go eat at a Chinese restaurant and try to return the food you are not happy with for a refund.
I dont eat cats!

They have blocked me on Facebook messenger, email and my alternate email address. All this over 7 missing items probably worth $10 to them.
Im not worried about the money side of it, i bought another 2x OEM Stihls on the weekend, its all about the PRINCIPLE.
Cr#p service gets cr#p reviews!

Way less than that even you would be surprised.

I purchased a MS361 some time back and there were some missing parts. Just minor stuff like a few screws. At first they said they would send it. But when it didnt show up i opened a missing item case with Australia post to find the missing parcel. But now Huztle wont answer my emails.
After MANY attempts to contact them, This is the last email I sent them,
Hello Huztl

It is very obvious now that you are purposely ignoring me have been for the past 2 weeks.

I have done nothing to warrant this. I only wanted the missing parts from my MS361 kit (which seems to be lost or not sent). I can only assume you think i have the parts and i am wanting you to send the parts again.

You can see from the tracking information that i have lodged a missing parcel complaint with Australia Post and the parts have not been delivered.

I have sent you numerous emails from this address and you have ignored me. So i sent you a vague email from a different address and you respoded immediately, until you found out that it was me and i was asking for your help with the missing parts.

I have sent you messages through facebook as well. You have also chosen to ignore me on messenger as well.

I know for a fact that you are answering emails and messages from other customers as i have been in contact with some of your customers in Australia and America since my emails were sent.

You have also blocked my Huztle account. So i was forced to open another account. But once i sent you a message from the new account you blocked that account as well.

I am disgusted in your treatment and i will not be using you products in my chainsaw repair business from this point on. I will also not recommend Huztle to any of my many customers.

I have also decided to post a copy of this email on the many different chainsaw website forums that i am a member of if i dont hear from you in the next 48hrs. I hope to warn other people about your business ethics and make people aware of your treatment of me and my business.

Regards Matt Hogden

Thanks for the link & can see he has a problem which was the reason for my inquiry & I can understand his anger & frustration not including his feelings or apparently venting his feelings in what I consider a rude manner directed at me who neither know or have had any dealings with is some what OTT & has caused me to be of the opinion that I would think long & hard should it arise that I was in a position to be of help to him, a single word of apology would be nice but the ball remains in his court

That's the big problem, bigger than the cheap Chinese clones themselves: people have come to expect saws to cost a song and dance, and not just homeowner grade stuff.
Around here this is coupled with sellers believeing they are holding on to treasures of the greatest rarity and hence asking near-new prices for, well, pretty beaten up saws, brushcutters and whatever, leading to the second hand power market being effectively dead. Nobody in his right mind is going to pay €250 plus shipping for an Echo CS2600 that looks like it fell off a tree (multiple times) and the rest expect to buy a Husqvarna 372XP in good shape for peanuts.
The other way to look at it is that the big name manufacturers are selling saws at prices high enough that they've opened up an opportunity for others to undercut them and take their market. They probably don't have a choice, as I'd bet their operating costs are quite high too.

At the low end Husky has the Poulan line, which are very inexpensive to make but sold at razor thin margins. Both Husky and Stihl have their own branded homeowner stuff that is hardly any different from the Poulans but sold at a premium. They're probably making most of their money on those lines.

At the high end there are sales of professional saws, but I'd bet a hefty portion of these go as luxury items - I'd like to know the split.

Big portions of both markets are likely to disappear in the next economic step down, when easy credit dries up and people cut back on purchases of things they don't need.

And what have the big names been spending the R&D on? The only significant developments recently have been strato and feedback carbs, which Husqvarna spent a ton on. But really fuel prices are not high enough for most to care about, and emissions rules are easy enough to meet by shoving on a cat and modifying the port timing. The Chinese clone manufacturers have that worked out. The rest of the R&D goes to competing for market share against each other, much like the never ending styling changes in cars. Sure they're better, but enough to matter? The rest of their overhead is in maintaining the sales channel, lots for advertising and marketing, and parts and service.

The Chinese can sell clones of the Zenoah G3800, G5000, and G621 with minor developments, along with something bigger, and meet the needs of most every saw market in the world. Their development costs would be very low. Apparently the other costs would be borne by local distributors/importers.

Latest posts

Back