Huztl MS200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrGiggles

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've been wanting a top handle saw for a while now.

I see at some point in the past there have been some complete parts kits for the MS200T. Anyone know if there is a place to get one now?

I was unaware that they ever offered a complete kit. They do show a lot of parts for it on their site. I don't know if it is everything you need to build one or not as I am not familiar with that model.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I see at some point in the past there have been some complete parts kits for the MS200T. Anyone know if there is a place to get one now?
I would check out a few other top handle saws. I've repaired lots of Stihl MS200T saws that easily break down. It uses a simple single annular buffer to hold the handle and carb assembly to the case and once that breaks apart, the intake manifold is torn to pieces and it then becomes a bear to repair. The belt hook and assembly is also flimsy. Other MFG's that are copying this saw's engineering need their heads examined.

Can someone please tell me the major difference between a Huztl MS200T and a Stihl MS200T? Did Hutzl change the design so that the annular buffer isn't the only thing holding the outside handle to the case?

Once that annular buffer breaks, the only thing left is the intake manifold boot, and it will fall then apart rapidly. Climbers commonly break apart these annular buffers. Shortly afterwards, the saw just plain shuts down when the intake manifold breaks apart or splits. Climbers also fracture chunks away from the lower part of the tank housing.

I have found that replacing the intake manifold boot is a first class PITA. I have done it several times but in each case only after a sigh of relief.

I had been searching high and low over the past few months and don't believe Huztl or anyone else has a MS200T Complete Replacement Kit at this moment. I am building one too learn about chainsaws and decided to take on the MS200T with about 95% from Huztl and remaining missing parts with used OEM. The missing parts are mostly screws, some springs, lanyard hook/bracket etc.. You can source grommets and chain tensioner from other model AM parts. Farmertec AM parts fit are mostly very good except for the internal plastic covers between the body and clutch/brake cover; I had to trim the plastics to get proper mating. Still waiting on a few more parts to complete the saw, very simple assembly so far. No idea if the saw will run right, I am using all stock AM seals, bearings, pistons etc to see how it performs.

Can someone please tell me the major difference between a Huztl MS200T and a Stihl MS200T? Did Hutzl change the design so that the annular buffer isn't the only thing holding the outside handle to the case?

The Farmertec (Huztl) I believe is intended to be AM parts replacement. They are following Stihl's design with no modifications to the handle.

I would check out a few other top handle saws. I've repaired lots of Stihl MS200T saws that easily break down. It uses a simple single annular buffer to hold the handle and carb assembly to the case and once that breaks apart, the intake manifold is torn to pieces and it then becomes a bear to repair. The belt hook and assembly is also flimsy. Other MFG's that are copying this saw's engineering need their heads examined.
That's amusing considering you're talking about the most loved top handle saw of all times.

That's amusing considering you're talking about the most loved top handle saw of all times.
I know. I hate to be a critic, but that's just not very good design. I've repaired three of these in the last two months, all with annular buffers broken and intake manifold boots ruptured or torn. Once that buffer goes, it's curtains. I believe the MS201T has a better, stronger design, and it's similar to the Echo CS 355T.

"St ms200t" is on the Huztl website as "coming soon"... So I guess it's coming soon.
Huztl indicated they were having quality issues on their fuel tank weld on Facebook, which is delaying them a couple of weeks. Think they are just buying time since the Farmertec fuel tank assembly on my 90% clone looks+fit great and works fine. Judging from the new MS200T items listed on Huztl, they may just be waiting on a few simple things like screws, lanyard bracket etc., or fixing the few problems that I experienced, the glitchy carburetor and bad fit with the brake and PTO plastic covers.

OK, looks like its official, the MS200T Complete repair kit will be available 9/18. My 90% Farmertec is running great, but with a rebuilt Zima carb. Can't wait for someone to give their built review on a 100% Farmertec from Huztl.

Looks like the Tradin' Post needs a new thread. But, they seldom buy anything but OEM equipment unless they have no intention of using it professionally. Unfortunately, Stihl sells lots of residential equipment that professionals try to save a few bucks by buying.

Farmertec has just sent me an email that the ms200t complete saw parts kit is now available

Back