Huztl ms361 Hux

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boone-ao

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been searching for the answer to this but to no avail, so here it goes.

Just finished building an ms361 with the big bore kit, mostly just for fun. I know these are not the best thing out there so please don't just tell me huztl is crap, I am aware....

Got it started and turned it until it fourstroked, but then when i put a tach on it, the max rpm is 7300. Any ideas about this? I was under impression it should.be about double this speed.

At first I just assumed it wasn't tuned probably, but if it's just barley 4 stroking that should be close to good, no?

I have new bearing seals on order, not sure if that's my issue but oem seals can't hurt

Do you have the tach set properly?
The tach that I have has several settings for 2, and 4 stroke engines. One setting has 1RPM for every 2 sparks so it’ll read half of the RPMs of a chainsaw.

Hahahaha that makes so much sense, its idling at 1700 and that just starts to spin the chain, so double that makes sense as well. I'm checking compression this afternoon and I can't recall squish off hand. I was thinking that it sounded like more that 7k. Thanks for the ideas!
Alex

Just tested it, 175psi cold and 160 warm, happy there.
Googled instructions for my tach, you were spot on @Ck0461, actually revving 14k +-

Thanks everyone! Really happy to have found the troves of knowledge in this site

Update: this thing is a beast! I've got an 18in bar on it with semi chisel chain after the first tank I took the rakers down a good bit, and it cuts the beach here like its nothing, can't get it to big down.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back