Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyler Monares

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
http://www.huztl.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=54366

Complete parts kit minus bar and chain for a complete aftermarket MS660 for $140?!!!!!
Has anyone here on AS ever built an entire saw from one of their parts kits?
Afleetcommand on YouTube has and watching the saw run makes me want to buy one of these kits and put it together.
He states that the only part that is junk is the Huztl chain tensioner but i can get one of those from my local Stihl dealer. I would probably use OEM fuel and impulse lines as well
I mean for $140 why not try it?
they have kits for the MS660,MS361,MS360
Also the kit for the husqvarna saws include the 365, 362, 371, 372, 372xp all in one description/set?

I wish they would have a complete set of parts for an MS460, i would build one of those in a heartbeat.

i WOULD NOT put that kit on my 660. i have bad problems with huztl. you need to get a better kit for a 660.
I already have an MS661. im talking about building a complete saw from the ground up using their parts.... who else has a complete set of aftermarket parts for a 660? what problems have you had with Huztl parts, just for future reference on what i should stay away from.

let see new engine that didnt have enough compression to start. just about always have to clean up the piston with a wire wheel . i dont get my engine parts from them but i do just about everything else, buy you a good engine kit and buy everthing else from them.

Ok I see what your sayin. So basically crankshaft, piston and cylinder I should go with better meteor and I can use the Hutzl cases?

Just searched for a 54mm Meteor piston and cylinder kit. $139 from HL supply.
54mm Hyway is $109
The meteor kit basically doubles the cost of doing his build. Just FYI

Just searched for a 54mm Meteor piston and cylinder kit. $139 from HL supply.
54mm Hyway is $109
The meteor kit basically doubles the cost of doing his build. Just FYI

if your planning to build an AM saw. i would just build it all hutzl. their jugs work fine with nothing more then a good port bevelling. if you are planning to go out and make money with a saw skip AM altogether and run that 661.

if your planning to build an AM saw. i would just build it all hutzl. their jugs work fine with nothing more then a good port bevelling. if you are planning to go out and make money with a saw skip AM altogether and run that 661.
Thats what I plan on doing, thanks westcoast,
I think it would be an awsome learning experience and have some fun with building a saw from the ground up. Thinking about their MS361 kit as well.
Later on I could always throw the meteor 56mm kit on the AM 660 just for fun

I wonder how much shipping adds to that, more than doubles the price I bet.
141 is less than half the advertised wholesale price they charge guys who spend 100K+ a year so I imagine there is a catch somewhere
Dave

$98.00 for shipping

Well, $98.89...so call it $100. Total for the kit and shipping is $240.88

I went ahead and ordered one. I've pissed more than that away on a mediocre dinner... This will at least be fun and a bit of a learning experience, can't be more difficult than a V8 or a 5 spd manual tranny so I figure I've got a better than average chance of having it turn out just fine.

Think you are going to be surprised. All the ones I stuck together were good running saws. Had to oem the gas cap and chain oil cap. Also the chain adjusters. Had one carb that wouldn't idle. A walbro from a ms660 fixed that. Also with the 56mm ones I had to die grind the metal base gasket to clear the piston skirt...wonder how many missed that and wAsted a piston or three...! And on the 56mm they all have a little free porting going on...but if it was less than .010... it didn't effect anything. I asked the huztl folks to raise the exhaust port floor .025... doubt they did ...; ( either way that saw I built last year has been excellent.

Thank you for the "been there, done that" info, you'll probably save me a bit of time and coin.

Back