Huztl MS660

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like blue colored saws over the orange ones.
They appear to have fixed most of the problems. This one the only thing I swapped was the decomp valve.
Cylinder timing stock with gasket is.
20 squish
ex 94 deg
Trans 125 deg
Intake 84 deg
Thinking going to 117 on transfers and leave the rest alone.
I don’t watch Bedfords vids either just his voice gets on my nerves.
Any inputimage.jpgimage.jpg

I would either leave the transfer alone, or not go numerically under 120, but I do like to add bridge ports.

IMO, if you raise the transfer that much you reduce velocity too much. I would leave it where it is.

The longer stroke 660 (compared to 440/460) seem to like higher Ex and lower In, your #s are fine. Widen both ports to I .050 of the skirts and leave a shallow arch with good bevels and it will run very well. I usually advance the timing .030 of the key on these.

Thanks Mike, I read all of your posts on the 440 460 hybrid and built one but caught a ring and she squealed like a pig and came to a dead stop.
I chucked the ported 440 head that gave me all sorts of problems back on and she runs great.
The timing advance must have straightened her out.
Back to the 660. I raised the transfers to 120 put some bridges in, widened the ex. Cleaned up the intake a little.
Honestly how bad of a job did I do? I do know of one screw up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 44
Looks good to me, tell us how it runs!
She runs real good but I need some bigger wood.
Noodled some logs with it and was impressed.
100% farmertec right down to the bar and chain except the on off choke rod has a harbor freight small funnel end wrapped around the shaft to make the high idle work.
180 compression and she wants to tear my arm off?image.jpg

For noodling I wish it had the west Coast bar cover on it.
Since it has a chrome cylinder I run 32:1 in it

Ok, so I just put the walbro 74 jet in my carb. What is the rough settings everyone is using to set their saws for tuning???

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Good news:

The Farmertec MS660 kit I bought in December came with size 74 carburetor jet already installed!

I removed the jet to check it out and it is the same diameter as my .0225" wire drill shank.

Clone With 74 Jet.jpg

Wire Drills.jpg

Those of you using the locktite 518 to seal the case and cylinder do you use the locktite primer called out in the instructions? I know silly me read the instructions. Just want to get this right.

Back