Huztl Thinks They Should Have My Videos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK how many of you guys go to the local auto store and buy parts for there car?? Or do you spend a **** lode of money and get your oil and filter spark plugs and bearings and hoses and the list goes on for ever your a hypocrite if you say you go spend big money to fix your car or tuck at the dealership........... This thread can get real ugly if you like I for one will be the first to admit that I'll go were I can get parts for a better price other than the flipping dealership because and I've said this already some people are pore!!! We can't afford to buy top notch **** like you rich asses that think you better than the pore man. Good night and good by!!!! !

The cheap parts at an Auto parts store is REMANUFACTURED from original pieces. Not stolen plans and clones of the parts. If they were they wouldn't have lifetime warranties because we all know they would need replacing every other week!

Rich asses?! I'm far from rich, but when I go buy a saw, I want to know it's quality and will be with me for a long time. Not gamble on a piece of **** that still has to have original Stihl parts to even get it to run correctly.in the first place.

Throw names around all you want, but my "poor" (pore is the holes in your skin) ass will stick to paying 3 or 4 times as much for a saw that is built right to begin with. I damn sure wouldn't go buy a Chinese clone a new GT Mustang just because it was a third the price. Neither would you!

GM, Ford, Chrysler, any car company for that matter does not manufacture oil, spark plugs, bearings, hoses, and the list goes on. Now, they do however manufacture some parts such as fenders, doors, transmissions, engines etc, and yes, when I replace those items, I replace them with OEM. This is America, you are free to buy whatever you chose to buy. I will give you one example for you to think about, you don't have to agree with it, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

Do you understand what annual price concessions are? If not, I will explain to you, we as a society in general always want more for less, the fact is, you may get more for less, but someone is going to pay for it, maybe not yourself directly, maybe not even someone you know, but somewhere, someone is paying for it. In about 1995 the good folks at Walmart notified RCA then still largely made in Marion, IN (the television manufacturer) that they would no longer be selling RCA televisions in Walmart stores because their pricing was not competitive with other companies manufacturing televisions offshore in places such as China, Taiwan, Mexico etc. Of course the company had 900+ employees that have families to support, cost of living is rising, so the employees need higher wages annually to support their families, and Walmart wants lower priced TVs annually. There are only so many manufacturing improvements that a company can do cost effectively, so what choice is left to the company? They can either lose the highest volume customer they have, cut employee's wages so low they cannot support their families, or they can manufacture TVs in the same region as their competitors and keep their highest volume customer. So guess what, all 900+ employees lost their jobs, (I know cause my uncle was a toolmaker there), those TVs are made in China now, but at least all the "pore" people can go to Walmart and buy a RCA TV just as cheap as any other brand. So the next time you talk about being "pore" think about what you are doing when you are going into Walmart. I am not attacking you for buying a "clone" chainsaw kit, but I certainly wouldn't be trying to promote them. Trust me, I am not a "rich ass" as you say, but I do believe in paying my honest wages to a company that paid for their own engineering and technology development rather than one that stole it. I have not stepped foot in a Walmart store since 1995, I am sure my little boycott means nothing to them, but I know I am doing my part to the best of my ability.

Putting politics and rich vs poor aside. The biggest issue I have with these kit saws is there making a copy of someone's product and trying to sell it off of the reputation of the product they are coping. There is a loop hole in the system and they have been able to Dodge there way around the laws to pad there rich greedy pockets. Anyone that buys such kit saw because there poor is doing themselves a Injustice and just making someone else money that doesn't deserve it. Buy right or don't buy at all.

China plays a clever game at circumnavigating laws, patents and has no problem stealing intellectual property. When German owned Stihl does business in the US, they set up factories, employ locals, setup retail and wholesale distributing networks which benefit a lot of US citizens. A lot of taxes get paid to government. Its a mutual relationship that benefits BOTH countries. China selling copied saws into the states does nothing for anyone other than China and their pursuit of trade that is kinda a one way street. We the consumers must take responsibility for our purchase choices and look after the right people. The latest fuel injected chainsaw ain't cumin out of Beijing, not a single piece of O*P*E innovation EVER has. So who you support is up to you but at least know the consequences of your choices.

GM, Ford, Chrysler, any car company for that matter does not manufacture oil, spark plugs, bearings, hoses, and the list goes on. Now, they do however manufacture some parts such as fenders, doors, transmissions, engines etc, and yes, when I replace those items, I replace them with OEM. This is America, you are free to buy whatever you chose to buy. I will give you one example for you to think about, you don't have to agree with it, it's not a matter of opinion, it's a fact.

Do you understand what annual price concessions are? If not, I will explain to you, we as a society in general always want more for less, the fact is, you may get more for less, but someone is going to pay for it, maybe not yourself directly, maybe not even someone you know, but somewhere, someone is paying for it. In about 1995 the good folks at Walmart notified RCA then still largely made in Marion, IN (the television manufacturer) that they would no longer be selling RCA televisions in Walmart stores because their pricing was not competitive with other companies manufacturing televisions offshore in places such as China, Taiwan, Mexico etc. Of course the company had 900+ employees that have families to support, cost of living is rising, so the employees need higher wages annually to support their families, and Walmart wants lower priced TVs annually. There are only so many manufacturing improvements that a company can do cost effectively, so what choice is left to the company? They can either lose the highest volume customer they have, cut employee's wages so low they cannot support their families, or they can manufacture TVs in the same region as their competitors and keep their highest volume customer. So guess what, all 900+ employees lost their jobs, (I know cause my uncle was a toolmaker there), those TVs are made in China now, but at least all the "pore" people can go to Walmart and buy a RCA TV just as cheap as any other brand. So the next time you talk about being "pore" think about what you are doing when you are going into Walmart. I am not attacking you for buying a "clone" chainsaw kit, but I certainly wouldn't be trying to promote them. Trust me, I am not a "rich ass" as you say, but I do believe in paying my honest wages to a company that paid for their own engineering and technology development rather than one that stole it. I have not stepped foot in a Walmart store since 1995, I am sure my little boycott means nothing to them, but I know I am doing my part to the best of my ability.
very well said!!!!

You seem to be all about informing others on how to build these piece of crap kits. Why not inform them to just save their money and buy direct from the oem manufacturer rather than constantly spewing huztl aka farmertec on the forums....honestly I thought you were sponsered by huztl or farmertec after reading your posts. Any man with common sense knows to shy away from their illegally licensed crap, yet it seems you just keep going back for more chinesium. And here you are, suprised they are wanting to use your videos for their site. Oh the irony.
This!

I have a gun maintanence channel on YouTube and I very much believe that credit is due to the owner when their material is used. However I don’t understand why you don’t take advantage of this in which you could at the very least use your name to spread out your reputation on the internet. This brings in more people to your channel and you still get hits when YouTube vids are imbedded in any page other than YouTube.
I have had many law enforcement agencies and even part suppliers asking me to advertise their name for free stuff.

If you hate Chinese stuff so much why are you showing people how to build their stuff lol?
Because this thread is actually about promoting his channel.

. Just saying and besides a lot of the parts that you go to get from your dealer just because it says Stihl or Husqvarna on it doesn't mean that they made the part. Let that sink in a little.
But it does mean that they put their name and the full backing of that name on that part. That's important in many cases, and a requirement in many.

I think if Stihl would do a little less gouging on parts the China problem would go away.
The price gouging is from China not Stihl. You don't just buy a part at Stihl you buy dealer network with service, inventory, and with that comes product support. I would bet money that the profit margin is more on the Chinese copy then anything Stihl or Husqvarna gets. Chinese kit saws are a scam nothing more.

The price gouging is from China not Stihl. You don't just buy a part at Stihl you buy dealer network with service, inventory, and with that comes product support. I would bet money that the profit margin is more on the Chinese copy then anything Stihl or Husqvarna gets. Chinese kit saws are a scam nothing more.
Don't know anything about kit saws. I was talking about parts in particular.
With the exception of maybe the large displacement saws rebuilding a Stihl saw with Stihl parts is just not practical.
So, you can either throw it away or rebuild it with after market parts. Just the way it is.

Don't know anything about kit saws. I was talking about parts in particular.
With the exception of maybe the large displacement saws rebuilding a Stihl saw with Stihl parts is just not practical.
So, you can either throw it away or rebuild it with after market parts. Just the way it is.
Every saw has a service life. If properly maintained and used that service life vs cost of parts, labor and downtime is what determines on if a saw is worth fixing 9 times out of 10 downtime is more valuable than parts and labor so having a large dealership network with oem quality parts pays for itself. Now if the service life of the saw is used up and it causes you to have more loss than what is gained then one has to decide if he wants a new model. Chinese parts just equal downtime and time is money to someone using his saw to put bread on the table.

I believe a person can scrounge around for good, used oem parts and build a fine saw with new quality bearing, rings, carb kit and seals for about the same of less money. Just put in some time and elbow grease, may not be new and shinny. But, will last and run well.

Every saw has a service life. If properly maintained and used that service life vs cost of parts, labor and downtime is what determines on if a saw is worth fixing 9 times out of 10 downtime is more valuable than parts and labor so having a large dealership network with oem quality parts pays for itself. Now if the service life of the saw is used up and it causes you to have more loss than what is gained then one has to decide if he wants a new model. Chinese parts just equal downtime and time is money to someone using his saw to put bread on the table.

If a man is making a living with his saw is a different ball game. Fact is that is a pretty small percentage. Not sure I have seen but a handful of saws that reached the end of their service life. And, unless the crank case is ruined I can make a good runner out of that. The majority are ruined by bad gas, being run over, tree dropped on, etc. And, I work on concrete saws, blowers, string trimmers probably three to one over chainsaws. Most of them are going to be junked because the quote from the dealer is cost prohibitive. If a man is making a living with a saw I use OEM parts. That is just not typical.

If a man is making a living with his saw is a different ball game. Fact is that is a pretty small percentage. Not sure I have seen but a handful of saws that reached the end of their service life. And, unless the crank case is ruined I can make a good runner out of that. The majority are ruined by bad gas, being run over, tree dropped on, etc. And, I work on concrete saws, blowers, string trimmers probably three to one over chainsaws. Most of them are going to be junked because the quote from the dealer is cost prohibitive. If a man is making a living with a saw I use OEM parts. That is just not typical.
I don't really want to argue but Stihl is selling enough chainsaw parts worldwide to maintain a dealership network world wide so somebody must be buying them. The Chinese market is small in comparison. Maybe in your area there are not many pro users but in other areas there's lots. I don't live in logging country but there is some logging. Most of the saws I get in are farmer or firewood users but there usually willing to pay for OEM parts no questions. Far as your town weekend warrior type users I don't know because I don't get them at my shop.

If you add up the cost of the kit, the cost of shipping, the cost of OEM parts to make it work, the cost of labor time to assemble a box of semi-dodgy parts, these kits are not as 'cheap' as many think. And at the end of all your work you have a undesirable, unreliable, Chinese budget quality saw that will never have a service life of the OEM original. No warranty, no real value to sell to a logger or arborist. They are great for people to learn the art of building a saw, I get that, that's the main value these kits have, not the saw you end up with. I have a gently used OEM 660 that if I put it up for auction on EBay would attract a lot of attention with bidders fighting to own it. The reputation of reliabity they have here means tree guys will pay good money for them and often prefer them over the new 661 as many have had issues with them.

Back