Huztl's new 25" and 28" bar is clone of ?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Normally I go for Oregon, Husqvarna or Stihl bars. Mainly cause I like the saws to look factory spec but yeah I took a leap, don't even need a 28" really.. It was £24 posted for the 28".. what a joke.. Soooo cheap..

So these 28" Huztl bars are 20% - 40% of the cost of OEM bars and probably 20% or less of the durability vs sugi's ($26 vs $130). Plus Sugi's are weight reduced bars. Not too sure they are bang for buck items like many Huztl products. They will get your saw cutting for a smaller initial investment so now we need endurance testing ....volunteers?

Yes, I would be very much interested to see a long term test on these bars. I don't do much cutting, but still would be nice to see the endurance on one of these aftermarket bars. I would ultimately like to get a 28'' or larger for my milling operation, and a small 16'' with replaceable sprocket tip if they offered it in 3/8 .050 gauge.

Normally I go for Oregon, Husqvarna or Stihl bars. Mainly cause I like the saws to look factory spec but yeah I took a leap, don't even need a 28" really.. It was £24 posted for the 28".. what a joke.. Soooo cheap..
Report back after you get an opinion of it. I would like to know how long the original machining marks on the rails last in addition to the obvious stuff like nose sprocket failures if any.

So these 28" Huztl bars are 20% - 40% of the cost of OEM bars and probably 20% or less of the durability vs sugi's ($26 vs $130). Plus Sugi's are weight reduced bars. Not too sure they are bang for buck items like many Huztl products. They will get your saw cutting for a smaller initial investment so now we need endurance testing ....volunteers?
Now I am confused with what you are saying?!? Are you saying these in your opinion are good or bad value? The cheapest bar I can find in the UK that fits the 12mm Stihl's which is still a 28" is £82. And that is an Oregon powermatch. If I was going to be using it for business I would still buy OEM. But seeing as I am just trying to make my wood hoarding wants/needs easier I recon this will do. If not no real loss.

Yes, I would be very much interested to see a long term test on these bars. I don't do much cutting, but still would be nice to see the endurance on one of these aftermarket bars. I would ultimately like to get a 28'' or larger for my milling operation, and a small 16'' with replaceable sprocket tip if they offered it in 3/8 .050 gauge.
Only .050's are .325 pitch on their site and on their ebay listings.

Now I am confused with what you are saying?!? Are you saying these in your opinion are good or bad value? The cheapest bar I can find in the UK that fits the 12mm Stihl's which is still a 28" is £82. And that is an Oregon powermatch. If I was going to be using it for business I would still buy OEM. But seeing as I am just trying to make my wood hoarding wants/needs easier I recon this will do. If not no real loss.
I would not fault anyone for jumping on these bars at the current price...pretty non-risk in my opinion. I can get Oregon PM 24" for $55 and 42" for $80 USD...so not sure they are a bargain until they can be shown to last 3/4 to equal the life of an Oregon PM.

I would not fault anyone for jumping on these bars at the current price...pretty non-risk in my opinion. I can get Oregon PM 24" for $55 and 42" for $80 USD...so not sure they are a bargain until they can be shown to last 3/4 to equal the life of an Oregon PM.
Ah the joys of cheaper saw parts in the US is endless. Us poor island dwellers over hear have to pay bumped up prices as demand is lower... Damn it!

I got the 16" bar this week they published the long bars the day it arrived and its a well made bar, i was struck by the chain as well. They changed the script printed on the bar from by farmertec to working man. Tip looks heavy duty. i can not see these bars being a bad buy, we dress the rails and maintain our chain they should last. Sizes are far and few between some made comments in the wish thread and that should bring the need to light, i had my heart set on a 36.

I got the 16" bar this week they published the long bars the day it arrived and its a well made bar, i was struck by the chain as well. They changed the script printed on the bar from by farmertec to working man. Tip looks heavy duty. i can not see these bars being a bad buy, we dress the rails and maintain our chain they should last. Sizes are far and few between some made comments in the wish thread and that should bring the need to light, i had my heart set on a 36.
It's all in the raw materials, proper heat treatment and quality control....only time will tell.

The nose sprockets look similar but it looks like 2 of the Sugihara Rivets are offset where as the rivets on the Hutzl look like they're in a straight line
Those offsets are not part of the installation rivets so things should line up but only a hands on trial fitting will tell for certain.

Looks exactly like the 25" bar that came on my Chinese G621 clone, and were commonly available on eBay. That is something like a D009 mount and was also supposed to be 0.058", but 0.058" flops all around in the groove - 0.063" fits properly. The bar is heavy, the steel is soft, the rivets were not well attached and the tip was crooked.

IMG_0435-640.jpg

IMG_0394-800.jpg

IMG_0398-800.jpg

But after driving down the rivets, aligning the tip and getting a loop of 75DP the bar works pretty well. Yes it's wearing, but it's cut a fair amount of wood and given the price it's fine. Of course, if you're buying a pro saw to impress the boys it's not gonna be the ticket.

IMG_0433-800.jpg

Latest posts

Back