HX sizing incorrect?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

urhstry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
After chasing down some problems with lack of heat in my house, i determined my OWB pump to be too small.... after getting a bigger pump, it solved the heating issue on the OWB side. NOW my problem is the other side that runs on the 30-plate HX is not able to get up to temp. I have a 007 pump taking water from the top of the (old) oil burner and returning it into the bottom. I think my unit holds close to 15 gallon of water. Once demand is called for, the oil burner side won't get past 150 ever. And if two zones call for heat, its worse. Am I dealing with a pump issue or a HX issue? or both? I would think a 007 pump would circulate fast enough in 15 feet of copper pipe.

I have strainers on both sides and have taken any sediment out. I don't think they are blocked.

That will take out sediment, Does nothing for scale, sludge, iron buildup.

I understand and I agree.. system is only 2 years old and my water is pretty good.... i still think its another issue

That 007 should be big enough. Make sure the system is not air locked. I have had the same problem on my Garn with a primary, secondary system. The system can have some air in it and won't let it get up to temp.

The only way I can take the air out would be to open the strainer and turn the water on. Not sure if that would fix it or not. One thing I am thinking is that the impreller on the pump is shot or worn so i am going to take it off and put a new one on since I have a few laying around.

Latest posts

Back