Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess we start here.....

Gotta do something about this however.....
Not broke in one spot.....but 2!

@Definitive Dave
c'mon mang that will buff right out
traditionally we charge double for a custom ultralight big end bearing like that, do you see the precision machining that went into me not noticing that defect?!?
top level performance all day long!!

so boys, can someone enlighten me on what exactly is the benefits of a hybrid. i've ran 440's and 460's and they both feel like the exact same saw, just the 460 seems to have more low end grunt. so why would you install the 460 top end on a 440 bottom only to have a saw that feels exactly the same? seems redundant.

so boys, can someone enlighten me on what exactly is the benefits of a hybrid. i've ran 440's and 460's and they both feel like the exact same saw, just the 460 seems to have more low end grunt. so why would you install the 460 top end on a 440 bottom only to have a saw that feels exactly the same? seems redundant.
It's magic ,you would not understand .

I wondered the same thing Shane. 44 has smaller stroke so why use it? I subbed to find out where they hide the electric motor portion of this "hybrid". :)
440 and 460 have the same stroke ,the 440 bore is 50mm stock ,the 460 is 52 mm stock ,so you are jambing more air into that little 440 crankcase ,and it really pisses him off when you do that ,so it makes one angry saw said and done

Plus potato

440 and 460 have the same stroke ,the 440 bore is 50mm stock ,the 460 is 52 mm stock ,so you are jambing more air into that little 440 crankcase ,and it really pisses him off when you do that ,so it makes one angry saw said and done

Plus potato

so the 440 case is in fact smaller? interesting. i've only ran them ported but no ported hybrid so i don't know how they can run. i was under the impression it was just to save weight or something but when i run them they feel identical.

why would you say i'm a jackass? heck i am honestly wondering why it is done. you guys must have a reason.
In my opinion ,the 440 handles better than a 460 ,it is almost a lb lighter i think also ,it makes a real strong 440 when you put the 460 top on it ,tourque you can not get from the 440 jug .

In my opinion ,the 440 handles better than a 460 ,it is almost a lb lighter i think also ,it makes a real strong 440 when you put the 460 top on it ,tourque you can not get from the 440 jug .

so the 460 top end runs better on the 440 bottom end? damn man a pound! i never ran them side by side but going off memory they feel the same. ran the 460 for a day with it on it's side all day and it felt featherweight after a week with that 576 lol

so the 460 top end runs better on the 440 bottom end? damn man a pound! i never ran them side by side but going off memory they feel the same. ran the 460 for a day with it on it's side all day and it felt featherweight after a week with that 576 lol
How they run depends on how the internal mods are done also ,i have had 3 hybrids ,all 3 ran considerably different from one another .

Latest posts

Back