Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when I really don't know what the H*** is going on!
It's quite simple Mike, a small group of members attached another member which in return created an argument between them and other friends which spiraled out of control into a bunch of attacks. Some people, both sides of the arguing party, were given involuntary leave of absents. Some narrow minded people who don't really grasp the whole situation want to bash the site mods which in return is allowing them to get some time off as well. The biggest outcome from it all is that site sponsors for saw builders will not continue. Sponsorships will expire and not be renewed.

How do we fix this Marshy ? You know as well as i do a lot of good guys are involved in this mess .I consider the mods and the banned members all good friends ,and feel am in the middle somewhere .
As a mod I feel like I'm the middle, literally! It's not a nice place to be honestly. I can relate to both sides of the argument to an extent. I don't know how to resolve it but its not going to be me doing anything new, its going to have to be how the individuals conduct themselves.

Yeah, I kind of echo the thoughts of Keith & Brian, I thank you (Marshy) for the explanation, but it kinda sucks (not trying to be disrespectful).

Saw builders are kinda the Blood Line of this site. A lot of the time I spend on this site is reading threads started by them, (and not just one, I likely read threads from both sides of this nonsense) learning about what they are doing, and how they have accomplished things they have done.

For example, I recently obtained a scored 046-D jug, and went to Randy's old thread telling us how to clean them up. I knew the thread was there for quite some time, but it was only recently that I needed to read what was in it. What if he, and Brad, and others were to delete their old threads, it would be really bad, and they can do that. IMO, we have too much knowledge here to put it at risk. I can't tell you how many times I search the internet for information regarding saws, and it brings me to this site (often to a thread from before I joined).

Please share my current disappointment with the owner, and tell him that I am open to discussing this with him. I spent over 32 years in auditing, I've been involved in countless negotiations, and am willing to volunteer any assistance I can give. I consider this site a valuable resource, and wish to keep it that way.

Sincerely,
MustangMike

Besides, I want to know how Jeremy's hybrid finishes!

sometimes you need to walk away from the table when your hungry when the food is crappy

i like reading the info on this site but i wont stay here in the dictatorship the guys who build the saws for a living and then give the information out for the rest of us to use are what make up this site not the owner i wont be around anywhere and get treated like a kid ffs my sister is a preacher and yet i still let cuss words out when shes around im a construction worker and i have a dgas attitude

This is/was a good site unfortunately people (mostly mods) let personalities come before principles.
That's a bunch of BS. We don't like your personality and yet you are still here aren't you? That just goes to show you we are not discriminating on personality. I happen to think the guys at camp are good guys that were just having a bad day, not their most shining moment, doesn't mean their bad people, I consider them friends.

@MustangMike I agree with what you said but keep in mind when a build thread is 75 pages long and 25% or more of it is drama then it takes away from the intent. Some members on this site don't want to wade through the BS. It's really not healthy to carry on in the manner thing have been.

Just kiddin with ya IW, your not as hated as I make it sound. ;)

That's a bunch of BS. We don't like your personality and yet you are still here aren't you? That just goes to show you we are not discriminating on personality. I happen to think the guys at camp are good guys that were just having a bad day, not their most shining moment, doesn't mean their bad people, I consider them friends.

@MustangMike I agree with what you said but keep in mind when a build thread is 75 pages long and 25% or more of it is drama then it takes away from the intent. Some members on this site don't want to wade through the BS. It's really not healthy to carry on in the manner thing have been.

I agree. And alota that BS is purposely put there

Who's we?

I agree. And alota that BS is purposely put there?
I don't know what your trying to get at, I think what you're insinuating is the thread was created to bait individuals? If that's what you mean then I believe that is false. It's clear to me that it was a builder making a build thread, nothing more. It didn't turn into more than that until people start making inflaming comments which turned to attacks. There's a difference in disagreeing and just being inflammatory and baiting members.

I don't know what your trying to get at, I think what you're insinuating is the thread was created to bait individuals? If that's what you mean then I believe that is false. It's clear to me that it was a builder making a build thread, nothing more. It didn't turn into more than that until people start making inflaming comments which turned to attacks. There's a difference in disagreeing and just being inflammatory and baiting members.
Yes certain threads r created with good intent but some members show up to only get jabs in and attack?

Back