Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, not offering any more "fur to the fray" because I have no idea what brought all this on. This was/is one of my favorite recent threads -- and build, or mod threads are great informational venues for me. I've been repairing, restoring and building saws for years and I really like this site. Perhaps most of what is being referred to as why this thread has come to an end happened in PM's -- I went back several pages but I did not see it. The various builders bring a lot to the site whether they are sponsors or not. Usually the questions and answers that come from threads help me tremendously understand more about how the modifications and changes help a 2 cycle engine produce better as a tool. I am in no way criticizing what is being done or has been done because I don't have information to make a decision.

Simply put I hope we can reach a "happy medium" amid the banter and debates along the way. Most guys feel strongly about what they discover as they work, fix, repair and modify saws. Especially if you have had scores of them on your bench and believe what you do produces well in the field with those you work for. Hopefully we can see a workable way through all this so that those who are major contributors done wave "good bye" for good. Have a great day guys!

Ok, not offering any more "fur to the fray" because I have no idea what brought all this on. This was/is one of my favorite recent threads -- and build, or mod threads are great informational venues for me. I've been repairing, restoring and building saws for years and I really like this site. Perhaps most of what is being referred to as why this thread has come to an end happened in PM's -- I went back several pages but I did not see it. The various builders bring a lot to the site whether they are sponsors or not. Usually the questions and answers that come from threads help me tremendously understand more about how the modifications and changes help a 2 cycle engine produce better as a tool. I am in no way criticizing what is being done or has been done because I don't have information to make a decision.

Simply put I hope we can reach a "happy medium" amid the banter and debates along the way. Most guys feel strongly about what they discover as they work, fix, repair and modify saws. Especially if you have had scores of them on your bench and believe what you do produces well in the field with those you work for. Hopefully we can see a workable way through all this so that those who are major contributors done wave "good bye" for good. Have a great day guys!
Yeah, sorry for those that are caught off guard buy what is transpiring. Again, I am not a mind reader or claim to know the exact reason why the OP decided to end this thread. I can tell you it is related to what has transpired recently outside this thread(s). It is related to enforcement actions beting taken against other members on the site. This discussion is out of place and as a cold read you dont get the full story.

Yes but that mess has been goin on for awhile now? Angle on it? Hate, jealousy, greed? Im not sure?

The answer to your question runs deep and it dates back many moons and many site mods ago. I believe some past choices on reprimanding some members was unfair and it created a lot of animosity against one individual which was never forgotten an is still presents itself today. Beyond that, I know for a fact that people still believe that the site mods are bias towards that individual still, which is false. That combined the perception that the individual has an overly large ego, doesnt take criticism and makes high claims of his work gets people agitated. The problem I have with most of it is I don’t see examples where customers of that individual come on the site and support the fact that they are dissatisfied with the work or saws being built. If there were then the arguments would be more valid but the way it is being handled is still inappropriate.

well the way i see it the owner is killing the site but i dgaf enjoy with the upside down chain sitting

I hope not either but how friggin hard is it to leave people alone? If you disagree say so and be specific on why without arguing or drama. If you have a problem with someones persoanlity then just ignore them, refrain from engaging with them, agree to disagree and move on. Its the friggin internet, everyone deserves to have their piece of the pie. All it takes is some restraint, and Im saying its not jus one individual, there are several people who need to exercise restraint in order for it to work.

Sometimes it's best to just sit back it let things take their natural progression, you're a mod on a chainsaw forum with a bunch of rednecks, not the CEO of a fortune 500 company.
No kidding, but this isnt a free-for-all. The site owners hold specific values in regards to their site and get to decide the content and can control the atmosphere they want the site to have. This isnt site mod Marshy callin the shots and plinkin members off because I dont like what they said to someone. If you want natural selection theres another site for that, go give it a try and let us know if you survive...

It's quite simple Mike, a small group of members attached another member which in return created an argument between them and other friends which spiraled out of control into a bunch of attacks. Some people, both sides of the arguing party, were given involuntary leave of absents. Some narrow minded people who don't really grasp the whole situation want to bash the site mods which in return is allowing them to get some time off as well. The biggest outcome from it all is that site sponsors for saw builders will not continue. Sponsorships will expire and not be renewed.

Is this for ALL builders or just certain ones?

Joe

the way i see it is if one cant stand to be around or talk to another its best to ignore or get it over with i speak my mind at work to the lazy guys who want to milk things and i dont do it one on one where ever i see them is where i say my peace and if they dont like it i dont care i hate management trying to show they are in control and i have told a superintendant where he could go im not a big guy but i wont take crap from anyone i guess its from when i was the small kid and got bullied i started fighting back and i can take a lot of pain kinda enjoy it really at work i get burned almost everyday im not a suit and tie person and hate the ones who think they deserve respect for being in that position

when i was just out of school working in a house factory the vice president of the company stopped me one day and said i needed to call him sir and i needed to respect him i told him to gf himself and i put my pants on just like everyone else and walked on

No kidding, but this isnt a free-for-all. The site owners hold specific values in regards to their site and get to decide the content and can control the atmosphere they want the site to have. This isnt site mod Marshy callin the shots and plinkin members off because I dont like what they said to someone. If you want natural selection theres another site for that, go give it a try and let us know if you survive...
What site would that be.

I've been to the dark side and I have survived! It is actually quite pleasant there. Lol

I don't have a dog in this fight, so by no means am I picking sides. The one thing I see reminds me of grade school and Jr high drama. You some what have to have some thick skin or atleast show it doesn't bother you. Once people know that they can get you turned up they will continue to do so. Is it right? No! Does it happen? Well I think we all know that answer!

im already there and i like it alot better i have a saying its siiydsa figuire it out and if the site owner wants to kill the whole site then she or he can im like toad have thick skin and leave your feelings in the car like we say at work

Who cares about natural selection and finger pointing and morals or values ....... Can anyone just tell me where the info went ???? I don't care about ur politics n stuffs .... Where's the build and banter .... No banter = boring

Jesse

Back