ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Hybrid Build

Discussion in 'Chainsaw' started by Adirondackstihl, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Chainsaw Jim

Chainsaw Jim CJ Saws, LLC

There are hundreds of good builders in my state alone who've never heard of this website. I say that because you can spend a little time in here and start thinking there are only a couple good builders on earth.
    This is ridiculous....and I solely blame sponsorship...not site mods or members, simply the sponsorship system. It seemed to come with a title to the website for some.

svk, KG441c and Toad22t like this.
  2. Definitive Dave

Definitive Dave wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore

the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
    respectfully I disagree
    Sponsorship allows a newbie to differentiate between some member who might PM them offering to build them a great saw and an actual business that has a track record and enough money to buy the right to advertise.
    A forum like this is a business first and you cant have the chaff advertising for free alongside the wheat.
    Competition breeds progress. There were/are several great builders here who were also able to communicate to the masses effectively about their craft. Good teachers are hard to find, ask the dummies walking down the street who cant operate a belt.

It seems like any time a builder wanted to show off his latest and greatest it was like they were banging their wang against an idiot bell to call out all the sycophants and hangers on to begin bashing any other craftsman out there and nobody could resist the siren call to idiocy.

No idea what a great solution is, hell maybe there isn't one...

3. Chainsaw Jim

Who relies on websites to find saw builders? And sponsorship doesn't prove you know chit, it only proves you footed the bill. There isn't a single builder on this site that I'd blindly trust simply over the fact that is states "sponsor" on their title.

Don't mix building saws and selling saw parts together in this for the argument of sponsorship.

Definitive Dave likes this.
  4. MustangMike

MustangMike Addicted to ArboristSite

Luckily we have Smittybilt & Spike60 upstate (and likely others), but near me, I don't think you could find one if you tried. Most of the saw shops have never even heard of a ported saw!

Toad22t, KG441c and Definitive Dave like this.
  5. Definitive Dave

Definitive Dave wanna-be saw racer, saw hoarder, parts whore

the voices in my head tell me to buy chainsaws
    In my particular case I had never heard of a ported saw before I joined AS, I am positive I am not alone in this, I picked a builder based on the advise of a sponsor who recommended him.
    Being able to foot the bill should count for something, shouldn't it?
    Professionalism means something to me. Being able to make things right if/when they go wrong is important.

I feel like I am arguing when I don't want to be.
    Is the "selling parts" thing meant to be a barb of some sort or do I need some Midol.

Dave

Toad22t, PA Dan, Trx250r180 and 8 others like this.
  6. Chainsaw Jim

I feel I should apologize because I never considered reasons other than just building saws when I made my opinionated comment. I do not see anyone selling just parts and measuring their roosters about it.

Edit: key word "recommendation".

Toad22t and Definitive Dave like this.
  7. Chainsaw Jim

I also want to give the moderators on this site two thumbs up. You guys have done a good job cleaning up all the bullshit arguments and attacks around here and I'm not talking about this thread.

8. CR888

CR888 Addicted to ArboristSite

Definatedave is oozing out cense in truckloads. I find it funny how much drama there is around the place over builders, their methods, their followers/fanclub cheerleaders and so on. I promise everyone who says 'I won't be coming back'.....WILL come back, and in suprisingly short order. Hell even the one that start threads saying 'goodbye I am leaving' come back fast. They can't help themselves, thay's ok l get that. But what I don't get is how how many act worse than misbehaving children and think its fine to do so. When AS is at its best is when people from all over come together, share ideas, help people who are in need and band together for the better of the community. I think we all get more out of this place than we give, we should occaisionally sit back not take things so serious and be thankfull for what we have at the end of our fingertips. Amen to that....and I'm an athiest!

9. KG441c

KG441c Keith

Well fellows I agree with most of your statement except for the last part. Cant go that route but thats yalls business

hseII, PA Dan, blsnelling and 2 others like this.
  10. CR888

CR888 Addicted to ArboristSite

l am ok with that, I like the fact we have choice and live free no matter what saw one runs, what chain they think is fastest and who they think rules the roost upstairs. l dislike people for being douches, not their faith.....that's their choice.

11. PA Dan

PA Dan Addicted to ArboristSite

My hybrid came to life yesterday! Still waiting on a couple things though. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

clean machine! I like it!! :) is there a thread about how you built it? nice pix!!!

MustangMike likes this.
  13. PA Dan

Most is in the beginning of this thread but got buried in all the crap!

MustangMike and KG441c like this.
  14. bikemike

bikemike loud pipes save lives

Both and Lucas 100- 1 keep it clean

15. PA Dan

Almost done!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. bikemike

bikemike loud pipes save lives

That looks like a police model stihl. Do not put a Ford badge on it. Looks good

17. PA Dan

Thanks buddy!

18. Backyard Lumberjack

Backyard Lumberjack Tree Freak

real nice! never seen a black stihl before. sharp

I notice u have some turned up edges on your label on 044's chain brake lever (engine side) I had some too on my 044. I carefully laid in some contact cement... using toothpick... on lable side up and black of handle or label. used xacto point to lightly upset black plastic to better ensure cement adheasion. just lightly here n there as needed. waited 20-25 mins or so, did it inside so at least room temperature, had let glue sit inside over nite to normalize... and then worked the lifted lable edges back into place. came out real nice. though you might find this technique to be of interest... :)

19. MustangMike

MustangMike Addicted to ArboristSite

Jeremy's 044 named "Christine" was black. That was a nice running 044.

20. Adirondackstihl

Adirondackstihl Flyz, Fuel & Fotos

[​IMG]