Hydraulic Pump Identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

avason

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m looking for a little help identifying a hydraulic pump on my yard machines/MTD 31 hp log splitter. I have some pictures off of the pump itself. I also took a picture of the serial number of my log splitter. Unfortunately, the model number is scraped off. I’m looking to see how many gallons per minute that I need.
Also is there a rebuild kit for this? I’ve never rebuilt one and wouldn’t mind trying if that’s what I have to do.
034659B7-19EF-4553-9204-2C8094490BFB.jpeg BDE1807F-9AAA-40C5-835A-858EF4E86F92.jpeg

You need service kit 753-05195 ,your pump is 15 gpm unfortunately that seems to be a new pump as are most now a day. Make sure it is not just the key sheered or coupler trashed as that is the more common failure. It looks as if a new pump is real pricey for your splitter.

Thanks Rope...the pump is leaking when in use and leaves a little bit of a puddle after a few hours of splitting. I know it’s just going to get worse. Thank you for the numbers. You weren’t kidding...it does look expensive! Others have said the same.

I didn’t get much help on the homeowner forum so I created another thread in the firewood side. Here is what others had to say. Again, Thank you for the response and the help.
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...ulic-pump-identification.317668/#post-6471379

Back