Hydraulic Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treeman14

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I got a call from a pawn shop today. They're trying to sell a hydraulic saw and hydraulic pruner. The guy said they are made by Stihl (I didn't know they made hydraulic stuff) and about ten feet (probably less) long with quick connect hoses. He wants $800 for the pair. Does this sound like a good deal. He says they're in great condition. I'm going to look at them tomorrow, but I was wondering what they are worth.

You're looking at about $2,500 from Sherrill for the pair, new. Of course, from a pawn shop, when they're broke-they're broke.:cry:

Without a bucket truck and the appropriate fittings, they are worth about as much as a 3rd breast on your girlfriend.

Stihl, is getting into quite, a few new things. But Hyd. tools is not 1 of them. At least out hear on the west coast. I use to sell Stihl Mopeds, about 20 yrs. ago. To bad your not out hear, I have around 15, Limb Loppers & Stanleys hyd. prunners & circle saws I would like to get rid of.

~tree~
I've got all the hydraulics on the bucket trucks, I just never thought I needed any hydraulic tools. Seems more like something for line clearance only. However, if I get a good deal, I can always use more gadgets.
Sonny,
I must have misunderstood the guy at the pawn shop. He probably said stolen rather than Stihl when I asked what kind they were.:laugh:

Thanks for your input.

For 39 years I've been trying to figure out what to do with my 3rd hand:blob2:
P.S. Darin- I just figured out what behave means but it's not much fun:angel:

Pawn shop trash

I should have known. They were junk. No chain guard, bar burned up, chain dull, leaking like crazy, broken handle, stuck trigger, bent hydraulic couplers. Well, you get the idea. I told the guy, "Thanks, but don't ever call me again." I think he was insulted. He really thought he had something worthwhile. There was a sign next to them saying, "Excellent condition, ONLY $1495.00 for the pair." Yeah, right.

Back