I almost had me a wood thief?..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to know what the ticker was for also. On your own place she gives you a ticket. I would spend to fight that one.

"Placing sharp objects in roadway" it was at the beginning of my driveway!

They got you there, I set my gates back 12' and have my first shredder 6' in front of the gate, that way if someone gets the idea to bump the 800lb gates set in a thousand or so pounds of concrete they will be doing so on rims. Sign clearly states "no access allowed, severe tire damage will result"

They got you there, I set my gates back 12' and have my first shredder 6' in front of the gate, that way if someone gets the idea to bump the 800lb gates set in a thousand or so pounds of concrete they will be doing so on rims. Sign clearly states "no access allowed, severe tire damage will result"

Yup now I keep way back with it.Is the warning needed?

Yup now I keep way back with it.Is the warning needed?

My attorney says so, also has to be lit at night. I have four super bright halogen floodlights that are motion activated, when someone hits the 12' mark night becomes day real quick.

Listen Dude I pray every day some douche will come over here and start shooting!Do you get my meaning?Dogs should also be backed up by an alarm and an owner to get help there. As far as I am concerned once they open fire it is self defense!If gunshots went off the neighbors would be all over them.If the dogs were in a vulnerable position you should have thought ahead on how you would out think the robbers. Sec System ,Cameras and dogs and an armed owner that was notified of your perimeter breach is not something you would want to try out!

--not my dogs, my employers dogs. Not at his home, at his office warehouse complex. I'm just telling ya what happened. He lost three guard dogs, all shot. Three different occasions. Big loud alarm goes off when they enter, after killing the dog. Alarm also notifies the security company, who dispatch someone, plus notify the local cops. burglars in and out before anyone gets there.

Here's the latest, out back of his shop is a ton of scrap equipment. They are four wheel driving over a hill from a "questionable" subdivision which is mostly crackheads, methheads, welfare bums, and so on. He has no control over that being there. They come in, cut the fence, load up steel, get out.

So, he has an excavator from one of his intown friends come over and dig this huge ditch...that lasted to keep them out one week, they walked over, grabbed enough scrap to make a BRIDGE over the ditch, got another load. He has caught them and they drove off, he gives the cops description of the truck, but couldn't get the license. most likely it is a fake license anyway, that is common, they just stick something on it when they go do a job. The cops think it is a multi state ring, but they haven't caught anyone yet, and no one in that questionable neighborhood knows or sees anything.

Around my house and this side of theis big farm, I'm the security. Dogs are alarms for me. I know their barks, when it is a normal just some fool in the street or something, I ignore it, anything "odd" they change tone dramatically, I go check it out, armed. That's how I caught that one sneak thief who drove in over the fields and was checking out..you guessed it..scrap. One of my dogs went nuts and was looking uphill towards the fields and airstrip, so we went and looked. Scrap thieves, everywhere. He whips out a knife starts waving it around "get the dogs away"! (I had the two that would actually chomp someone, the others I left behind) I told him that they were doing their job, he puts the knife away or gets blasted. That's it. Told him to get lost, never come back, or he gets blasted plus chewed.

Now I know some guys would say they would have shot him anyway, I ain't like that, and I live in the real world where hassles with the authorities involving dead dudes is not a sunday picnic, justified or not. I was content scaring the snot out of him. Now inside my house or hassling the old lady or attacking the dogs, etc..different story, yep, I'd shoot, and fast.

I personally don't have thousands of dollars for some elaborate security system and booby traps and ten more dogs and remote robotic gun sentries and all that noise. This is the best I got. Worked for me so far. There's a donkey with the cows to deal with coyotes when I ain't around. The dnr guys have hidden trail cams set up to catch poachers and weed growers in the more remote areas of the farm. I stay completely away from those areas. I don't even accidentally want to walk up on some big operation or surprise one of the armed poachers. Most of them boys are two time losers and face life on the third bust here, so they are trigger happy and it ain't worth the risk to me to go play junior rambow over some stupid reason like that, and I am always with my dogs anyway and I don't want any of my dogs hurt either, either shot or hurt in some lame booby trap.

--not my dogs, my employers dogs. Not at his home, at his office warehouse complex. I'm just telling ya what happened. He lost three guard dogs, all shot. Three different occasions. Big loud alarm goes off when they enter, after killing the dog. Alarm also notifies the security company, who dispatch someone, plus notify the local cops. burglars in and out before anyone gets there.

Here's the latest, out back of his shop is a ton of scrap equipment. They are four wheel driving over a hill from a "questionable" subdivision which is mostly crackheads, methheads, welfare bums, and so on. He has no control over that being there. They come in, cut the fence, load up steel, get out.

So, he has an excavator from one of his intown friends come over and dig this huge ditch...that lasted to keep them out one week, they walked over, grabbed enough scrap to make a BRIDGE over the ditch, got another load. He has caught them and they drove off, he gives the cops description of the truck, but couldn't get the license. most likely it is a fake license anyway, that is common, they just stick something on it when they go do a job. The cops think it is a multi state ring, but they haven't caught anyone yet, and no one in that questionable neighborhood knows or sees anything.

Around my house and this side of theis big farm, I'm the security. Dogs are alarms for me. I know their barks, when it is a normal just some fool in the street or something, I ignore it, anything "odd" they change tone dramatically, I go check it out, armed. That's how I caught that one sneak thief who drove in over the fields and was checking out..you guessed it..scrap. One of my dogs went nuts and was looking uphill towards the fields and airstrip, so we went and looked. Scrap thieves, everywhere. He whips out a knife starts waving it around "get the dogs away"! (I had the two that would actually chomp someone, the others I left behind) I told him that they were doing their job, he puts the knife away or gets blasted. That's it. Told him to get lost, never come back, or he gets blasted plus chewed.

Now I know some guys would say they would have shot him anyway, I ain't like that, and I live in the real world where hassles with the authorities involving dead dudes is not a sunday picnic, justified or not. I was content scaring the snot out of him. Now inside my house or hassling the old lady or attacking the dogs, etc..different story, yep, I'd shoot, and fast.

I personally don't have thousands of dollars for some elaborate security system and booby traps and ten more dogs and remote robotic gun sentries and all that noise. This is the best I got. Worked for me so far. There's a donkey with the cows to deal with coyotes when I ain't around. The dnr guys have hidden trail cams set up to catch poachers and weed growers in the more remote areas of the farm. I stay completely away from those areas. I don't even accidentally want to walk up on some big operation or surprise one of the armed poachers. Most of them boys are two time losers and face life on the third bust here, so they are trigger happy and it ain't worth the risk to me to go play junior rambow over some stupid reason like that, and I am always with my dogs anyway and I don't want any of my dogs hurt either, either shot or hurt in some lame booby trap.
What Breed you have?

I actually almost was a wood thief once... inadvertently.

Imagine going to 12121 Smith Rd. to pick up a huge pile of free Ash laying in the yard of a small ranch house left from a line crew.. sounds good ? It would have been great if I wouldn't have stop at 11211 Smith Rd. and started loading a nice big mess of Ash logs ...yep , you saw the mistake but I didn't at the time.

Two houses on the same road with identical descriptions and very similar address , who would have thought?

The old man that owned the property and I had a heart to heart talk ..real quick like!

After we cleared up my F-up we both laughed a little and he admired my 066... not everybody that steals wood is a thief..some of us are just dumb-asses!

don't feel bad. I did the same thing with a car once. I was out in the rollback to pick up a junk Cadillac on a dead end street. Came down the street, saw the Cadillac, hooked up to it and started my paperwork. Teenagers came out of the house and left. I think they thought it was a repo. Midway through the paper work I discovered I was at the wrong house. Dropped that Cadi and went a few houses down where the owner was waiting for me to get the right one... :)

Give me a 12ga shotshell, a 1/4oz of sand, 6 inches of PVC pipe, a roofing nail and a small block of wood and I'll show you a thief with sand imbedded in his testes from stepping on my $3 land mine. Security can be cheap guys, laughs those things bring by going off at night are priceless.

I'm guessing your going to suggest the meanest dog there is.
I have no idea what that is....

Or maybe move if it's that bad.

I could be wrong..:msp_unsure:

my chow bully mix keeps the riffraff away, he's an extremely faithful dog.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I agree,

Problem is they seem to enjoy shooting dogs ..... I won't stand for that.

I would either make a stand and it won't be pretty or move. :rock:

Give me a 12ga shotshell, a 1/4oz of sand, 6 inches of PVC pipe, a roofing nail and a small block of wood and I'll show you a thief with sand imbedded in his testes from stepping on my $3 land mine. Security can be cheap guys, laughs those things bring by going off at night are priceless.

Like tripwire to mousetrap deal?

Latest posts

Back