I bought a stolen chainsaw!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I type real fast for a guy with only 8 fingers. No thumb or first finger on my right hand. I got careless once...

I don't look at the keyboard, and I just let it rip. If you asked me to tell you where a particular key is, I would have to stop and think.

It helps if you think in words & sentences, not in letters.

I type real fast for a guy with only 8 fingers. No thumb or first finger on my right hand. I got careless once...

I don't look at the keyboard, and I just let it rip. If you asked me to tell you where a particular key is, I would have to stop and think.

It helps if you think in words & sentences, not in letters.

I want to be a writer too...

Last edited:
Thought I'd had a saw stolen last week. We'd been clearing some underbrush down in my Dads back pasture, had 3 saws and a brushcutter in the back of the pickup. Took my son to a small foodstore to meet my niece who took him to church. I impulsively decided to run inside and buy a jug of tea. Usually would have parked in sight of the door but this time I parked out of sight-line as I originally was just going to drop him off. Came out, a van full of spanish guys were parked next to me with several out milling around. Looked in back of the truck, only had 2 saws in there. They were looking at me funny andI wrote down their tag # as they drove off. I had transferred the saws from another truck to mine earlier and I didnt remember grabbing the 26, yet I knew we'd had it earlier. Didnt want to appear prejudiced by accusing them of stealing so I let them drive of , then flew down to Dads to look for saw at jobsite (very secluded area.) No saw. Called the police, made a report. Mom and Dad were in church so couldnt ask them about it. Next morning went to their place early to pick up chipper truck, Dad tells me he'd put 26 in shed. Called and cancelled police report. Felt like an utter fool.
Years ago I met a deaf man. I decided to learn American Sign Language. Met a smart lady we studied together. Married had 3 daughters. All of us spoke Sign. My children spoke good sign before saying one word. Turns out that helped their IQ. Baby girl 29 working on her PHD. Oldest a Nurse, Middle one teaches English and speaks Spanish as well as Sign. Daddy (Me ) not to be outdone started learning Spanish a few years ago. With these immigrants it's good to be able to communicate. Had I been in your shoes I'd have chatted with them, maybe ask a few questions and see if I could see in the trunk. All they could say is no. But asking without accusing takes talent. Something I'm pretty good at. Good day.

Years ago I met a deaf man. I decided to learn American Sign Language. Met a smart lady we studied together. Married had 3 daughters. All of us spoke Sign. My children spoke good sign before saying one word. Turns out that helped their IQ. Baby girl 29 working on her PHD. Oldest a Nurse, Middle one teaches English and speaks Spanish as well as Sign. Daddy (Me ) not to be outdone started learning Spanish a few years ago. With these immigrants it's good to be able to communicate. Had I been in your shoes I'd have chatted with them, maybe ask a few questions and see if I could see in the trunk. All they could say is no. But asking without accusing takes talent. Something I'm pretty good at. Good day.
Risen from the dead!

Eight years after the fact, the only sign language I can offer is a face palm.
I was driving through Huston TX and came upon a car crash. Everyone in one vechicle was deaf. I quickly began to sign and helped the deaf people. When the cops arrived I interpreted. Ended up riding in the ambulance and interpereted at the Hospital. I accepted no money. It gives me joy helping others. Recently in Walmart I saw a guy that looked as if he was confused. Turns out he needed over the counter medicine. He spoke no English and read no English. By speaking Spanish I was able to help him. I came up hard and dirt poor. My family taught me to help others. I've cut trees for low prices and some for free. I give away several hundred dollars of firewood every year. I'm a hard working man that has been blessed. I like helping people. Can't help em if you can't communicate. Not everyone feels like that and it's OK.
Good or bad its just my personal choice not judging others.

Back