I bought the wrong saw (ms250) Now what??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@cuinrearview I used to live in Asheville which was brewery meca. My brother is a brewer and won best milk stout at great American beer fest this past year. He’s currently venturing out with two other guys opening a new one but I’m sure it will be great. All his recipes are awesome.

@SteveSr we keep gas for a month usually so as one take gets used up we move up the next one in line and fill that empty take back up and put it in the back of the line.

I've been to Asheville. I love Asheville... Before Wicked Weed sold out. I'd still go back but I think my next trip down that way will be Charlotte.

@SteveSr is correct. Mix a gallon for your saws, if you don't use it in a couple weeks, dump it in your pickup and mix another. I'm another fan of 32:1. High quality oil in your mix is another must. Synthetics can take more heat and still provide adequate lubrication while non-synthetics may break down. I wish there was an oil we could all agree was the only one to use :p Life would be really good then. dance.gif

Rick

It’s funny you say that because I thought the same thing too and I asked my brother about it, he’s on the board of the Asheville brewers alliance and I figured they were preparing their torches and pitch forks, but to my surprise he said “what no, they didn’t sell out, they just accomplished the goal. Plus now you can buy good beer, being wicked weed, in everygas station. That’s a good thing and other than making it convient for consumers it will probably open the door to craft beer to new consumers which further pushes the industry.” After hearing that I couldn’t help but agree with him and definitely feel less guilty picking up a sixer of Lt. Dank at the gas station.

It’s funny you say that because I thought the same thing too and I asked my brother about it, he’s on the board of the Asheville brewers alliance and I figured they were preparing their torches and pitch forks, but to my surprise he said “what no, they didn’t sell out, they just accomplished the goal. Plus now you can buy good beer, being wicked weed, in everygas station. That’s a good thing and other than making it convient for consumers it will probably open the door to craft beer to new consumers which further pushes the industry.” After hearing that I couldn’t help but agree with him and definitely feel less guilty picking up a sixer of Lt. Dank at the gas station.
I understand that side of it. But then I hear about AB buying up contracts for new hops as to exclude other breweries from the supply, how they only make decisions based on numbers and business and not art. To me, there's too much good beer out there made by guys that think like me to give my $$ to big business.

Should this thread be sent to the political forum now?:D

@SteveSr @Rick Stephens yeah maybe I should have clarified, the gas we keep on stock is just regular 4 stroke ethanol free and I’ve been mixing up a gallon of 2 stroke at a time mostly because I still have some of the gallon bottles of oil I bought with the saw but I’ll keep doing it moving forward if nothing else just out of sheer convenience for measuring it out.

@cuinrearview ah I haven’t heard about that. I’ll see what the bro thinks and report back hahaha he also told me about other “craft” breweries that are 49% owned by AB etc. and I was astonished. Good example is sweetwater. Sold 49% to Pabst just to get the funds to expand. To me that is just good business though and definitely isn’t the same scenario as wicked weed.

Ha yeah we are skating a thin political line

Oh I also converted all my “safety” tanks with the dumb plungers back to the old style with a spout and a vent cap and for really cheap. If anyone is interested shoot me a dm and I’ll send you the parts list. It was roughly $2 a tank give or take

Ask your bro what he thinks of the three tier system also, and how ABInbev skates around the rules with that. How they kick back to retailers for product placement. Things to squash the little guy, and our choices. Luckily the craft tide is too large to stop now.

I did not! SC has some great breweries too. I'm still pretty jealous of your Tropicalia hook up down there Matt. Maybe it's time for us to do another swap? Hopslam did just drop...

I’m game. I just sent a sixxer of Tropicalia to a buddy in Macon, GA. that can’t find it anywhere.

I could use more Hopslam in my life.

@Matt_Ellerbee I did some drilling for terrapin a few years ago as well as General time which is next door. Really cool guys and would always hook me and my drillers up with beer. Highland was the best to drill for though. They literally tried to force us to fill our nalgenes with beer, hilarious.

@Matt_Ellerbee I did some drilling for terrapin a few years ago as well as General time which is next door. Really cool guys and would always hook me and my drillers up with beer. Highland was the best to drill for though. They literally tried to force us to fill our nalgenes with beer, hilarious.

I worked for United distributors for 10 years slinging beer. We carried everything but AB family and corona basically. Got freebies all the time. Terrapin and sweetwater make some good brew. As do the smaller breweries, just harder to find.

I run Stihl HP Ultra with premium pump gas at somewhere between 45 and 50:1.

This “32:1 is better for the saw” nonsense needs to stop. The engineers who design and build these would have built a machine to run 32:1 if it needed it, and then build it to what the EPA regs are. These new saws are not an 041. You guys do not understand engineering if you expect Andreas Stihl KG or Husqvarna AB to build a product and then recommend a fuel that will lead to early failure.

Have any of you guys who do this for a hobby and baby your saws ever maybe considered the stuff that goes through these from the people who use them as tools? It’s 50:1 because the manufacturer says so of whatever oil they have, probably something like Stihl HP and maybe mid grade gas. This is ridiculous.

From my motocross race days and tearing down every few weeks to re-ring. You cannot beat spending top money on great oil 35-1..to 40-1. Currently my saws use Amsoil . A local saw dealer who also ran dirt bikes and myself have seen quite a few saws with Amsoil with great results .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I’ve already window shopped haha but the next step is probably a splitter. Although part of me likes the work out my splitting axe gives me. I have a buddy who cuts and splits all of his wood every year using only a felling axe he bought from harbor freight. Also, he’s a pharmacist... he isn’t hurting for cash haha so I’d feel a little wimpy around him

I will post a picture of my little setup later . 4wd compact tractor with loader bucket and 3 point splitter run from the tractor hydraulics. Friends and brother in law CANNOT borrow it because I don’t transport the tractor lol. Not the fastest way to split but I am older and retired so no big hurry just don’t want to carry wood everywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back