I could use some input , again...lol...heatmor 200 css water level

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
At the risk of being an alarmist, we have our first cold snap and as of right now the temp is 29*
I was just out moving a pallet of wood with the tractor and I noticed the blower must have come on and as I watched the smoke/heat escape from the stove pipe (I have added a section of metal-bestos). Once I got done doing the wood, maybe 5-7 minutes I walked over the the stove and opened the front outer door, the blower was still on and I could hear the water boiling in the stove. The thermometer in the stove only read about 175 (not sure how accurate it is) I shut the switch off for the blower and then turned it back on, the blower did not restart and I stood there long enough for the boiling to stop. Now I'm not sure if it was coming from the door or the stove in general. I haven't had this happen before. (of course I'm not out there every time it comes on) I did some research on here and looks like it's common for the door to boil but from what I have read I should be moving enough water for that not to happen. I am running a Taco 009 on a short run, 50' from the house, 1 1/4" line to the house, 1" inside, not too many elbows and two heat exchangers and a plate for the domestic and it runs 24/7.
My wood is two years dry, Other than checking the bladder can I check the water level through the ball pipe on top? And if so, how do I know where full is? The bladder seems to be 3/4 full.
I would like to know if I have enough water in it to keep it safe.
Thank you in advance,
Dave

You're fine. My door boils all the time even though I don't think it did as much when new. It hasn't hurt anything for over 10 years now. Sometimes it hammers pretty good - as I open the door it appears steam is hammering out through the upper hose. I have a 011 Taco pump with a 60 ft run of 1" pipe and replacing the pump a few years ago didn't change anything.

My steel plate baffle on the top of the loading opening has been gone for a while and likely contributes to the door getting hot.

I know if the hoses have been replaced it is important to make sure they are routed the same for flow.

As long as there is some water in the bladder with an open valve you are fine 1/2 full is good. If you doubt the level run some water in and let it overflow the top to be sure.

Thanks for your response. I did add some water, (not much) . I don't have the baffle inside the door either (wasn't there when I bought it).
I have checked in on the boiling noise a couple of times since and haven't heard it since.

Back