I did it my self

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checked this out

Ya got sac,man. but count yourself lucky .tree goddess,must likeya. Ta the treedogs ,even a blind mouse finds a chunk of cheese now and again EH!

Good Job man.
Nice to see someone with the same initiative like myself.
Never felled many trees and bought my place in the woods with lots to learn and lots of felling to accomplish.
Hell, we even have similar careers.
I also bought an electric splitter and just love it.
It's 5 ton and goes through just about every round I feed it. They're well worth it for the average homeowner with a treed lot.
Good luck on the future cutting and stay safe.

I was all impressed with myself for dropping 4 60+ footers around my property, then I read this. :rock:

Hat's off to ya beav700.

Give the guy some credit. Talk about "walking in moccasins"-- huh. :bang:

He looked at the risks. Knew what had to be done to minimize the risks. Learned from available sources the necessary techniques.
THEN ( for all you self promoted "pros" :bang:) went and did the deed (s).
We need more who take initiative, learn, and have the cojones to do it. That's what makes life work.

How many times have we ( not certainly the righteous who talk about being born with skills for what they do :taped: ) come close to buying the farm through ignorance ( winter climbs) , knowing risk-taking ( rocks, jumps ), or the plain need to do the deed ? Make mistakes, learn. Damn, every day all drive: the highest death risk per hour than any other routine task. Oh yeah: the too many boasting here about not using PPE. Ignorant risk ?

Hats off to you boy. :rock::rock:

Back