I did my first muffler mod.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoreyB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone here and all the great help and info I went ahead and done my first muffler mod.
I didn't do a lot of recorded before and after videos. But I am very happy with the gains. The throttle response is snappier and it seems to be able to keep the rpm through the cut better. Not that it was bad to start.
I just used my dremel to shave the limiter caps while in the saw with out removing the carb. Also used it to open up the muffler and deflector.
This little thing cuts like an angry woodpecker. I am surprised that these things are not more popular.
Stihl ms 192 ce running stihl ultra at 37-1

Looks like you had some fun there bub!
I really do like this little thing it is fun to play with.

What saw is that?
Time to give it a little timing advance and up the ante a bit more! [emoji12]

Sorry it is a stihl 192. I looked up how to advance the timing and I think that is out of my comfort level. I would really be depressed if I messed this little girl up.

Here is a video in stock for in a bit smaller white oak.

I really do like this little thing it is fun to play with.

Sorry it is a stihl 192. I looked up how to advance the timing and I think that is out of my comfort level. I would really be depressed if I messed this little girl up.
My 192t was a real turd. I didn't use it cuz I hated it so much. Then I muff modded it and advanced timing and I'm happy cutting right up to 12". If I'm already running it I've even cut a few 20"[emoji12].
The timing advance isn't really to hard. But then I'll try just about anything. I enjoy the challenge and learning opportunities.

Back