ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

I guess I've been wearing my mask all wrong!

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Last week went into our favorite local Italian restaurant/pizza shop and neither the owner or his helper had a mask on. I sat and waited as they said a few more minutes for my order. Another customer walks in and has his mask pulled down, so the owner puts a mask on. Today, stopped into another local place, the guy taking phone orders and ringing people up has a mask on, three others have them down around their throats and several of them were cooking food.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess wearing a mask to cover your throat is the correct way to keep the plague at bay? :surprised3: :mad: :wtf:

Bobby Kirbos

Bobby Kirbos

Scrounger of Cellulose Based BTUs
My mask hasn't been on my face in weeks. At most places, they don't say anything to the customer if the customer isn't wearing a mask. The corner quicky mart, Lowes, Wal-Mart, TSC, 84 Lumber... no mask and zero comment from the employees.

Sometimes I feel the need to be "that guy". When it comes to the face mask thing, yeah. I'll be that guy. Besides, I exercize ALL of my rights, and I'm pretty sure that I can't cover my face outside of my proerty without risking jail time. (if you recognize my avitar, you get the idea.)

They asked us to slow the spread and flatten the curve. They didn't ask us to, nor can they expect us to hibernate until they find a cure for all disease.

I'm done with this isht. It's time to get back to normal.

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
I went to a small flea market today. Most older folks were still wearing them, do not want to miss the season because they got sick. Guessing less than half of the 50 and younger crowd had masks, and a fair chunk of the ones with masks installed them incorrectly. This would explain how the bulk of our tested positive cases are 50s and younger, almost all.
County is adding 2+ cases a day right now. Most recovering at home after testing, consultation. A few requiring hospitalization, procedures. One death, 80s, complications.
Not been easy for the folks with toddler and younger kids that get it, pretty harsh complications, life long effects. Tried to get an average recovery estimate, seems quite variable, 2-6 weeks range, longer for the cases with complications. Lots of lost time and money for some.

I wear masks when I mow, metal/wood/paint work, mill, etc., so wearing one causes me no issues. Just another day with reduced allergies.

Imser1989

Imser1989

Last week went into our favorite local Italian restaurant/pizza shop and neither the owner or his helper had a mask on. I sat and waited as they said a few more minutes for my order. Another customer walks in and has his mask pulled down, so the owner puts a mask on. Today, stopped into another local place, the guy taking phone orders and ringing people up has a mask on, three others have them down around their throats and several of them were cooking food.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess wearing a mask to cover your throat is the correct way to keep the plague at bay? :surprised3: :mad: :wtf:
The mask is safe for our face and it help to prevent from Covid-19 and take it when you go out side anywhere. When you see any thing wrong then you need to for away from those place and then you should check and wash your hand and face.

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
I don’t wear one either. When you isolate your body from daily contact of stuff your immune system weakens a lot. when you stop wearing the mask you will be sick for months.
Imo one will not be "sick for months", seems a bit of hyperbole there.

You are correct in that the immune system functions very nicely on its own, though each is different in their ability to fight off the nasties.

Unless one is wearing an N95(Not an KN95 Chinese junk), germs will penetrate the fabric.

There are several stores in town that require a mask, all the grocery stores here require them, If one tries to enter w/o them they are told to leave.
I wear a mask in these stores .

As a kid I ate lots of good dirt, and have had numerous puncture wounds, cuts & scrapes over my lifetime. I eat healthy, no junk food.
Imo it's a travesty that state gubermints are killing small businesses when reliable data on this is scarce!

Here in Illinois it was stated right in the local paper that CV 19 deaths are commingled with other underlying issues for ease of reporting.
So if one has CV 19 & has terminal cancer, Illinois will call the death due to CV 19!

It was further explained that after all this **** blows over the real number of deaths will be computed....

It has always been my belief that the threat never warranted the response. This has been a huge overreach by govt

full chizel

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are correct in that the immune system functions very nicely on its own, though each is different in their ability to fight off the nasties.

Unless one is wearing an N95(Not an KN95 Chinese junk), germs will penetrate the fabric.

There are several stores in town that require a mask, all the grocery stores here require them, If one tries to enter w/o them they are told to leave.

As a kid I ate lots of good dirt, and have had numerous puncture wounds, cuts & scrapes over my lifetime. I eat healthy, no junk food.
Imo it's a travesty that state gubermints are killing small businesses when reliable data on this is scarce!

Here in Illinois it was stated right in the local paper that CV 19 deaths are commingled with other underlying issues for ease of reporting.
So if one has CV 19 & has terminal cancer, Illinois will call the death due to CV 19!

It was further explained that after all this **** blows over the real number of deaths will be computed....

It has always been my believe that the threat never warranted the response. This has been a huge overreach by govt
A panicked nation is easier to control

tla100

tla100

Addicted to ArboristSite
One nice thing about minimal contact, my kids haven't gotten sick since early January. Although they are both under 3 and really didn't change much other than no church and no parks/zoo....

But they had bad fevers, shortness breath, and wiped out for a few days in early January....so

sean donato

sean donato

ArboristSite Guru
We don't have an option here in PA. it's wear one or not be allowed into any open businesses, has been that way for weeks, and most places have signs right on the door saying "no mask, no service". So I guess the idea is to wear it into the place and then once inside pull it down lol?!
This past week, most stores have started taking down the must wear mask signs. Wally world still requires it, even if their employees dont know how to wear them . Having young children I've gotten several comments on why they dont have mask on. If you have toddlers you would know why. Most small businesses are happy to have customers so they dont say anything. Trying times for us all...

lead farmer

lead farmer

ArboristSite Operative
We don't have an option here in PA. it's wear one or not be allowed into any open businesses, has been that way for weeks, and most places have signs right on the door saying "no mask, no service". So I guess the idea is to wear it into the place and then once inside pull it down lol?!
Not much mask wearing in this part of Pa.
Only wore one to my buddys viewing an funeral. Sheetz an most stores dont say ****. Plus I ain't no sheep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not much mask wearing in this part of Pa.
Only wore one to my buddys viewing an funeral. Sheetz an most stores dont say ****. Plus I ain't no sheep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
You must be up North and/or Western part of the state, it seems pretty rigid down here near A-town yet although I think it is pretty crazy......

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King

It has always been my belief that the threat never warranted the response. This has been a huge overreach by govt
Mandatory vaccines coming.