ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

I guess I've been wearing my mask all wrong!

Ted Jenkins

Ted Jenkins

Firewood by TJ
Imo one will not be "sick for months", seems a bit of hyperbole there.

You are correct in that the immune system functions very nicely on its own, though each is different in their ability to fight off the nasties.

Unless one is wearing an N95(Not an KN95 Chinese junk), germs will penetrate the fabric.

There are several stores in town that require a mask, all the grocery stores here require them, If one tries to enter w/o them they are told to leave.
I wear a mask in these stores .

As a kid I ate lots of good dirt, and have had numerous puncture wounds, cuts & scrapes over my lifetime. I eat healthy, no junk food.
Imo it's a travesty that state gubermints are killing small businesses when reliable data on this is scarce!

Here in Illinois it was stated right in the local paper that CV 19 deaths are commingled with other underlying issues for ease of reporting.
So if one has CV 19 & has terminal cancer, Illinois will call the death due to CV 19!

It was further explained that after all this **** blows over the real number of deaths will be computed....

It has always been my belief that the threat never warranted the response. This has been a huge overreach by govt

Or in other words the mask and the Covid 19 is a complete farce put on by people with out any real meaning. Thanks

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Masks are not required here by state rules but some towns and individual stores do require them. People wearing them was about 50% a week ago. I think it might be down to about 30% as of today.

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Undoubtable, covid is still and will always be a fungus among us. The only thing that has changed is peoples attuite toward it. Its been a long haul here and people just don’t care anymore. They want to live their lives again. Staring at the ceiling tiles was a fun exercise in stupidity but it is time to get moving. Indoor dining here starts 6/15 and based on how many people are at outdoor dining tables, it will be a mob seen.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Undouble, covid is still and will always be a fungus among us. The only thing that has changed is peoples attuite toward it. Its been a long haul here and people just don’t care anymore. They want to live their lives again. Staring at the ceiling tiles was a fun exercise in stupidity but it is time to get moving. Indoor dining here starts 6/15 and based on how many people are at outdoor dining tables, it will be a mob seen.
They will put limiting numbers on groups in stages till clear.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
Mandatory vaccines coming.
That is another unconstitutional item 1st amendment allows free association and mingling. Constitution supposed to restrict gubmint, which cannot require us to take part in a vaccine experiment.
Another thing, the N95 I've had for years is designed for woodworking dusts, chips and stuff like that. Doesn't filter small enough items to impede the Wuhan kung flu viral size. May catch most ot the crap exuded by a sneeze tho

psuiewalsh

psuiewalsh

Addicted to ArboristSite
Not much mask wearing in this part of Pa.
Only wore one to my buddys viewing an funeral. Sheetz an most stores dont say ****. Plus I ain't no sheep.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I have heard that you do know your way around sheep and Amish strippers though...

sean donato

sean donato

ArboristSite Guru
I wish I could find the link. My wife showed me a study of the common surgery mask people are wearing and how much comes out around it. After seeing it I gave up on anything beside a half face respirator and I'm not wearing that. And think of this. If it's so bad what dont our kids need to wear masks in public? And dont give me the rebreath crap cuz that's just as bad for the rest of us.

SeMoTony

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
I wish I could find the link. My wife showed me a study of the common surgery mask people are wearing and how much comes out around it. After seeing it I gave up on anything beside a half face respirator and I'm not wearing that. And think of this. If it's so bad what dont our kids need to wear masks in public? And dont give me the rebreath crap cuz that's just as bad for the rest of us.
I've found a mask that I'm most likely to wear, after eye openings are cut :yes: 20200609_112404.jpg
Nice pull over tube to filter stuff while mowing or power sawing, routing wood,l motorcycling on gravel.....?.. Will function to withhold spew from sneeze as will most of the rest. Much less leakage edges

PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I was called back to work for another "project" yesterday that should last for a few days but they are saying maybe more, but there was hardly anyone wearing a mask. I had one and put it on when around people, the wife who works in eye doctors office and has to wear one and sterilize everything constantly (which I can understand) strongly "suggested" that I wear one but it is a pain in the ass, no one there is exhibiting any symptoms and the ones who are there have worked through it from the beginning, no one has gotten this plague in months and if they have they didn't have any symptoms, so I am going to take it along and wear it only sparingly like if I get an outside delivery and have to be close to the driver etc. She now says "just make sure that you wipe things down good (which I don't) and wash your hands".

I personally only know one person who had it, a 75 year old woman from church and she passed from it or so they say that was the reason. And I don't understand how they can make a lot of the statements they are making unless they test every single person in PA. The case count is lower but I know it is not gone yet but I know of no one else that has or had it!

I can see wearing one in medical settings and of course going into any store but where I work it is half the regular workforce and no one there shows any signs of the plague. I, like others, am so sick of this ****........

BC WetCoast

BC WetCoast

Addicted to ArboristSite
Why is it "of course when going to a store"? The mask isnt protecting you from others, its protecting others from you. So if you havent had it,...
However, this is coming from someone who has worked continuously, met many people up close and gone into stores without one. I think the likelihood of catching it in a "two ships passing in the dark" scenario in a store is so low, its not worth considering.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Do they make a proper fitting mask for kids?

Justsaws

Justsaws

Addicted to ArboristSite
Yes they make proper fitting masks for kids.
Yes it is spreading.
Yes it is still killing off the elderly. Thank you for your love and support of those at the highest risk. It Is messing up some kids as well.
If you cannot function with a mask on, talk to your doctor, you have a medical issue or are a giant *****, either case you should talk to your doctor.