ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

I guess I've been wearing my mask all wrong!

full chizel

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I was wrong. 115k have died and 2 million cases so based on 330 million people you have 0.6% chance of getting It. If you do get it you have a 95% chance of surviving. Plus, how many of those 2 million people didn’t even know they had it or had very mild symptoms? Its obviously a cause for concern and it can be deadly but I like my chances

sean donato

sean donato

ArboristSite Guru
Do they make a proper fitting mask for kids?
Yes there are masks for children, the problem being young children's lungs arnt developed enough to be breathing their own air repeatedly.
Were actually sure our whole family had it back in december. All 4 of us were sick as all get out. My daughter ended up getting pneumonia and on heavy antibiotics for the batter part of a month. Even my 1 yo boy was hit hard. Both recovered fine. All the drs would tell us is it's been a bad flu year. Bs it's been here for a long time, and running scared like a flock of sheep isnt going to help anyone or any thing. I live in a rural area surrounded by larger cities, there were no hospital ICU units flooded by victims of the virus. I have family that works at 2 of the 3 biggest hospitals around and they both have said the hospital was deadsville. And you have to realize the numbers are not truthful. The hospitals get a lot of federal money for covid deaths. Die in a car crash and be positive for it, your cause of death is covid, not blunt force trauma, or whatever crushed you to a pretzel in the crash. Same goes for people with long term illnesses. All die of covid. This has been a farce. Nothing more nothing less, the yearly flue kills more.

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
All I can say is thank goodness we shut this virus down earlier than the rest of Canada here in BC. People paid attention to the medical experts, politicians got out of the way and gave the floor over to medical experts. No Canadian Hospitals get any kind of incentive for reporting covid-19 ... not-for-profit hospitals hence little BS messaging here.

IMHO, too many are throwing all precautions to the wind, too early. Even your President (the guy that said it would disappear miraculously when it was at 14 cases) is insisting on attendees at his upcoming rally sign a waiver saying you won't sue him if you get COvid-19 - that right there is admission that they know there is substantial risk!. Anyone attending without at least wearing a mask must have a screw loose. :dizzy:

Ya most people recover, but as others have said, it is a very nasty virus and may leave those that do get infected with lifelong issues. The most worrisome issue is asymptomatic carriers that don't even know it. By going with the flow, and not wearing a mask when around others, you simply give the virus a better chance to spread.

Most areas even in towns around the lower mainland of BC, that had the fewest casualties used masks. Richmond, just outside of Vancouver, has mostly Chinese population, they got the jump from their relatives in China and used masks from day one. Had the lowest number of cases per capita anywhere around here. New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, they went hard and fast on distancing and masks and had no where near the per capita deaths seen in the US, UK,Italy, Spain and even to a lesser extend the rest of Canada.

If the second wave turns out to be serious as has occurred with all other pandemics, you can bet that they won't have to force folks to get vaccinated, they'll be lining up and pushing to the front of the line!

Good Luck requires more than mere bravado, it requires proactive action.

He who waits for roast duck to fly in mouth, must wait a very, very long time!

full chizel

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All I can say is thank goodness we shut this virus down earlier than the rest of Canada here in BC. People paid attention to the medical experts, politicians got out of the way and gave the floor over to medical experts. No Canadian Hospitals get any kind of incentive for reporting covid-19 ... not-for-profit hospitals hence little BS messaging here.

IMHO, too many are throwing all precautions to the wind, too early. Even your President (the guy that said it would disappear miraculously when it was at 14 cases) is insisting on attendees at his upcoming rally sign a waiver saying you won't sue him if you get COvid-19 - that right there is admission that they know there is substantial risk!. Anyone attending without at least wearing a mask must have a screw loose. :dizzy:

Ya most people recover, but as others have said, it is a very nasty virus and may leave those that do get infected with lifelong issues. The most worrisome issue is asymptomatic carriers that don't even know it. By going with the flow, and not wearing a mask when around others, you simply give the virus a better chance to spread.

Most areas even in towns around the lower mainland of BC, that had the fewest casualties used masks. Richmond, just outside of Vancouver, has mostly Chinese population, they got the jump from their relatives in China and used masks from day one. Had the lowest number of cases per capita anywhere around here. New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, they went hard and fast on distancing and masks and had no where near the per capita deaths seen in the US, UK,Italy, Spain and even to a lesser extend the rest of Canada.

If the second wave turns out to be serious as has occurred with all other pandemics, you can bet that they won't have to force folks to get vaccinated, they'll be lining up and pushing to the front of the line!

Good Luck requires more than mere bravado, it requires proactive action.

He who waits for roast duck to fly in mouth, must wait a very, very long time!
I won’t be getting any vaccine

MountainHigh

MountainHigh

Selective Tree whacker
I won’t be getting any vaccine
Ya ... personally I don't like vaccines and feel the adjuvants sometimes used to stimulate an immune response (mercury/aluminum) can cause problems for some people.

However, if it means my kids, grandkids and others are safer because of greater herd immunity, I'll gladly take a few jabs! I don't think they've got microprocessor implants small enough yet to squeeze through a syringe ;)

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Went down 1A on the seaboard today in the roadster. We were trying to reach Essex MA to get a box of fried clams. It was like the 4th of July. Beaches were packed and aint nobody wearing a mask. Traffic was so bad I got a good sun roasting before we even hit the MA boarder. Took the highway back and hit up a little local joint for a pizza and a beer. First non-frozen pizza in 91 days! Try again tomorrow for the clams.

full chizel

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ya ... personally I don't like vaccines and feel the adjuvants sometimes used to stimulate an immune response (mercury/aluminum) can cause problems for some people.

However, if it means my kids, grandkids and others are safer because of greater herd immunity, I'll gladly take a few jabs! I don't think they've got microprocessor implants small enough yet to squeeze through a syringe ;)
Maybe after its run through the test dummies for a little while.

Jkstihl

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
My mask hasn't been on my face in weeks. At most places, they don't say anything to the customer if the customer isn't wearing a mask. The corner quicky mart, Lowes, Wal-Mart, TSC, 84 Lumber... no mask and zero comment from the employees.

Sometimes I feel the need to be "that guy". When it comes to the face mask thing, yeah. I'll be that guy. Besides, I exercize ALL of my rights, and I'm pretty sure that I can't cover my face outside of my proerty without risking jail time. (if you recognize my avitar, you get the idea.)

They asked us to slow the spread and flatten the curve. They didn't ask us to, nor can they expect us to hibernate until they find a cure for all disease.

I'm done with this isht. It's time to get back to normal.

Man why you going to leave me with trying to figure out what that avatar means. I give up. Please tell.

stillhunter

stillhunter

Addicted to ArboristSite
I've found a mask that I'm most likely to wear, after eye openings are cut :yes: View attachment 834596
Nice pull over tube to filter stuff while mowing or power sawing, routing wood,l motorcycling on gravel.....?.. Will function to withhold spew from sneeze as will most of the rest. Much less leakage edges

I've been wearing these for years while I'm @ the beach and fishing on my boat, I've had 4 skin cancers on my face. I also wear them when mowing my grass and using the mower to clear the leaves of the yard in the fall. They work well for filtering dust,pollen etc and I can double over for more filtering....If I just put it on my head I look like a pirate!

CentaurG2

CentaurG2

Addicted to ArboristSite
The stuff that tastes good but will kill ya, right?! :D

Fried clams are a great treat and Ipswich/Essex has some of the best restaurants for them. We usually go earlier in the season to avoid tourists but the covid thing shut us down. MA has a mandatory mask requirement so it was a little different getting our food but we adapted. Places were packed but everyone seem to be having a great time and were, in my opinion, a little friendlier than you normally get in NE. Red tide blooms usually shut a lot of the clam shacks down later in the summer.

full chizel

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been wearing these for years while I'm @ the beach and fishing on my boat, I've had 4 skin cancers on my face. I also wear them when mowing my grass and using the mower to clear the leaves of the yard in the fall. They work well for filtering dust,pollen etc and I can double over for more filtering....If I just put it on my head I look like a pirate!

I have a Huk

anlrolfe

Honor GOD, Country and Corps
Last week went into our favorite local Italian restaurant/pizza shop and neither the owner or his helper had a mask on. I sat and waited as they said a few more minutes for my order. Another customer walks in and has his mask pulled down, so the owner puts a mask on. Today, stopped into another local place, the guy taking phone orders and ringing people up has a mask on, three others have them down around their throats and several of them were cooking food.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but I guess wearing a mask to cover your throat is the correct way to keep the plague at bay? :surprised3: :mad: :wtf:
If you've got a stoma and smoke through the hole in your neck...

I tell my apprentices who "mouth mask" that they've got three options if they can't keep their masks up:
1) Duct Tape
2) Staples
3) Go home

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
I stopped at a local fast food place and went in to make a to go order. I was wearing a mask but I was the only one in the restaurant and was denied service. My nose was sticking out and they insisted I pull it up. I pointed out that there mask was not being worn properly ether All the employees had mask but they all had them pulled down below there nose and even below the mouth. I said none of you are wearing them correctly so what does it mater. The still refused to serve me. I was lunch rush hour. I said you can't refuse me service and if the didn't they would soon regret it. They still refused.
There drive through was packed, so I left and went to there drive through. Once I got up to the window to pick up my order I shut my truck off and waited. My order came and I just stat there not moving. They asked me to please move on because I was holding up the line.
I said remember me? The one that said you would regret not serving me? They did. I said since you refused me service for an in and out to go order you would regret it. They said they would call the cops on me, so I said go ahead, call them. I sat there and ate my lunch (about 25 min) and the cops finally showed up. The cop walked over and asked me what my problem was and I explained that once I shut my truck off that it takes a while for it to restart.
Little did they know I have a kill switch under the dash for a theft device. I cranked it a few times and it didn't start. They said the would have to have me towed. I waited another 5 min and then flipped the switch and she started up.
I then slowly drove away.
Moral, If your going to require mask and your employees don't wear them properly yet require everyone to, then I can and will make it hard on them.
I said see, don't force people to do what you are not doing.

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite

Movies suggest nano-robots possibility of needle insertion. VA is supposed to have vaccine within a short period. Like before Christmas, not a test pilot rushing to the head of the line am I