I had a breakdown today...no not a chainsaw malfunction....read more below!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnybar

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I broke down to AS peer pressure! Yes I blame all of you! :laugh: Just placed an order for a Huztl MS660 and a bunch of misc stuff including a 36" Holzfforma chainsaw mill on sale for $57.41 + s for the next 20 hrs or day+20 hrs. It states "1 DAY 20:04:32" as of now. Can't wait for it to get here but I see from you guys that several parts are backordered so keep me posted on your 660 orders.

Well, it's like when you were a kid putting together a puzzle. Hopefully you put all the pieces in the right place.
No worries, motorcycles, go karts, 4wheelers, mid sized saws, tractors, millions $'s worth high tech equipment repaired and rebuilt for the last 40 yrs...hopefully an AM Stihl won't bring me to my knees. lol

I'll be looking forward to your reviews of how it works out for you.
I'm retired and messing with it for entertainment mostly. Might end up with some nice heavy oak tables and benches if all goes well. I also have a good assortment of other species on two parcels... Osage Orange, Locust, Hickory, Persimmon, Walnut, Cedar, Elm, Cotton Wood. Unfortunately no pine or fir on my place but plenty nearby if I get an urge for beams or some other crazy idea.

I'm retired and messing with it for entertainment mostly. Might end up with some nice heavy oak tables and benches if all goes well. I also have a good assortment of other species on two parcels... Osage Orange, Locust, Hickory, Persimmon, Walnut, Cedar, Elm, Cotton Wood. Unfortunately no pine or fir on my place but plenty nearby if I get an urge for beams or some other crazy idea.

Well hey you're only up in Oklahoma I'll bring the Pine and you bring the hickory and we can trade

Interesting site. Shipping cost are more than the cost of the products. I was going to purchase about $36 worth of mic parts, but they wanted $38 for shipping. bargain prices + Shipping cost= no deal.
Yep, you have to be a real comparison shopper before you close the deal. Even with the shipping, usually it's still cheaper than USA prices. I buy some items on ebay...some direct with Huztl. Small items usually ship in e-packets for a buck or two. You might try bundling an order with a close by saw buddy.

I was trying to buy just the case splitting tool that was on sale for $22. Shipping was $20. I decided to add a bunch of small items thinking it would all ship in the same box and spread out the high shipping price. Seemed each dollar I spend on the small items was matched with another dollar in shipping cost. I just dumped my shopping cart. I might revisit sometime in the future, but not really needing anything right now, dont know when that time might come.

I was trying to buy just the case splitting tool that was on sale for $22. Shipping was $20. I decided to add a bunch of small items thinking it would all ship in the same box and spread out the high shipping price. Seemed each dollar I spend on the small items was matched with another dollar in shipping cost. I just dumped my shopping cart. I might revisit sometime in the future, but not really needing anything right now, dont know when that time might come.
I was thinking about grabbing one of those too. I'll check on shipping for two of them and see if it will save much. Should be able to flat rate it within the USA for $6-7 after it arrives.

I downloaded the specs a while back for building one of the case splitters. Just havent gotten around to building one. At $22 I figured to just buy one instead of build, but for the extra $20 in shipping, I'll find time to put one together.

Latest posts

Back