• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

I have a deer problem

JB Weld

JB Weld

If it aint broke, it aint mine!
If it is possible, I would put a hot wire on the top of the fence. One touch, and that deer will not be back.

Another method that works well is the SSS. Shoot - Shovel - Shut-up
Although, if I shoot one as a nuisance animal, I am going to clean it and eat it.
:barbecue:

KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree

Terraphobic
If it is possible, I would put a hot wire on the top of the fence. One touch, and that deer will not be back.

Another method that works well is the SSS. Shoot - Shovel - Shut-up
Although, if I shoot one as a nuisance animal, I am going to clean it and eat it.
:barbecue:
No shovel needed, just a knife and meat grinder.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
1/4 cup of minced garlic and a beaten egg in a gallon of water, let sit a couple hours strain it into a sprayer. It works. But I wouldn't spray it on thing's you want to eat. But spray it around your garden. Another thing that works for a small area is a radio playing at night. Quiet enough that it doesn't bother you. Or make a scare crow. Or hang a sweaty work shirt in there

bowtechmadman

bowtechmadman

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have had good success with mono fishing line. Run at couple feet high all the way around...they won't like not being able to see what is touching them.

Oldmaple

Oldmaple

Addicted to ArboristSite
My father in law used bags of dog hair he got from a groomer. It would work once the corn got high enough to hide a dog. He didn't even have a fence.

066blaster

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
I trust the garlic egg spray mix more than my deer fence. A fence can fail the spray never does. Been spraying my asparagus I'm letting grow out.. The dear eat the tips off it and mess it up.