I have a Partner 500 that will not start ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so either go around the nipple hole or go with a gasket I will see if i can get a gasket.

Easy to make a base gasket, a beer can works good. Cut it apart and flatten it out, use the old one for a template. Cardboard will also work.

Yeah, I saw that. Look, you're getting fed up and pissed off at this saw, they can be frustrating. If it was me, I'd take a night off. Go back to it tomorrow and tear it down.

We'll get it going eventually.

Yeah, I saw that. Look, you're getting fed up and pissed off at this saw, they can be frustrating. If it was me, I'd take a night off. Go back to it tomorrow and tear it down.

We'll get it going eventually.

Yes I am,
but the beer can sounds good but i ask again if the jug fits tight to the can gasket and that fits tight to the base How will the impluse nipple get air? If it need's to send air to the carburator how can it get air if everything is flush?

Yes I am,
but the beer can sounds good but i ask again if the jug fits tight to the can gasket and that fits tight to the base How will the impluse nipple get air? If it need's to send air to the carburator how can it get air if everything is flush?

Leave a notch in the gasket. The hole in the base matches up with a hole in the cylinder, right? Just make sure your gasket doesn't cover the hole. Simple.

Leave a notch in the gasket. The hole in the base matches up with a hole in the cylinder, right? Just make sure your gasket doesn't cover the hole. Simple.

Well no offence intended but,... no that is what i am getting at there is NO HOLE in the top of the base from what I can gather from the saw shop the orig gasket has a shallow trench / a depression in it to allow air to flow between the jug and gasket surface,I guess.
So to be clear the nipple is plastic and fits into a rubber grometed hole in the jug at the bottom left side.That hole in the jug goes in and down at about a 45 degree angle and exits the bottom of the jug on the flat mating surface that mounts to the base surface and that is it the end ....the base surface itself. and Hi Jimdad

Jeff, I feel for you. This saw is causing too much grief. I read all about the gasket issue your having and can't quite picture it in my head. My Husky 50, ran with both a gasket and not gasket. Maybe a picture or two would help. Back to the not wanting to run right, try a coil and Flywheel off a known good runner. If the coil's are different it might need the matching flywheel to make spark. Good Luck, oh yeah the upside to using the beer cans is you gotta empty one first;) Good luck man and DON'T give up.

Jeff, I feel for you. This saw is causing too much grief. I read all about the gasket issue your having and can't quite picture it in my head. My Husky 50, ran with both a gasket and not gasket. Maybe a picture or two would help. Back to the not wanting to run right, try a coil and Flywheel off a known good runner. If the coil's are different it might need the matching flywheel to make spark. Good Luck, oh yeah the upside to using the beer cans is you gotta empty one first;) Good luck man and DON'T give up.

Thanks Matt, well I will keep at it I guess I could have made my own problems but we will see.

ALLL..Righty Then........you're having quite a time Jeff.....if this goes beyond your willingness to fight it any further put it in a box and send it to the coast......I'll find the problem, fix it and send it back to you for the cost of parts and shipping...not advertising just trying to help...that is a nice looking saw and should perform well. These small motors are very finicky and not everyone is cut out to deal with them...just sayin...

Here is a photo of the top of the crankcase with the gasket.
I have circled the area where the gasket has a hole/slot for the impulse.

I would suggest making a similar gasket or install an OEM gasket and no sealer.

IMG_1834a.gif

Good pic. That was the point I was trying to make, leave a notch in the gasket.

ALLL..Righty Then........you're having quite a time Jeff.....if this goes beyond your willingness to fight it any further put it in a box and send it to the coast......I'll find the problem, fix it and send it back to you for the cost of parts and shipping...not advertising just trying to help...that is a nice looking saw and should perform well. These small motors are very finicky and not everyone is cut out to deal with them...just sayin...
Nice offer! I'd most likely have any of the parts needed, I can supply them at no cost.

Well thanks for the offer of help and parts.I will I suppose keep at it.The first thing is to break it apart again ,remove or make a cut in the gasket and while there I will make special note of the piston and jug. and before putting them together again I will send a photo of each and get some opinions if this gasket and jug , and Piston will work together.I have to remember I had at the time about 4 saws all apart at once to scavage parts to make a saw from this base.I most likely got the wrong two parts together.

Probably noticed me lurking on this thread.....

I'm intrested in how it turns out... take as many pics etc as possible. Hang in there these are fun saws. I tore apart a Jred 590 a few years ago and never got around to putting it back together..... I ended up getting a 490 top end from a gentlemen I found on this site. Actually come to think of it that's what brought me to this site. This has me thinking that perhaps I should try to get this thing back together.

The 590 top end looks like it lean-failed. I didn't do a vac test prior to pulling it apart (Noob). Anyhow I remember looking at the impulse gromment and thinking that it looks poor. Earlier in this thread it sounded as if you could get more of these.... if so where would I look for one? Also when I do get it back together I'll likely vac test... If I have a seal leak, does anyone know where I might get a seal kit?

Good Luck Jeff, sounds like you've got some people giving good advice.

Ok I am back and I have pictures if there is anyone that I spoke with about all this on line now please send me your e-mail and i will sed photos to you to post with and explaination of ea.I will wait.

Latest posts

Back