ArboristSite.com Sponsors

I Have a Question... or, Two

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Didn't even dive into the political stuff yet, and everyone is already fighting with one another. Sheesh.

I spent most of the morning out in the woods with 3 of my boys, pulling logs and playing with ropes and chainsaws. Had a bonfire too. Good times!
I put in 6 hrs at the post office, got a good jab in at Del, did some staff training, watched an old movie, took a nap, and was awakened by a phone call from an old boyfriend I haven't seen in about 15 years!
Great day!
:cheers:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Didn't even dive into the political stuff yet, and everyone is already fighting with one another. Sheesh.

I spent most of the morning out in the woods with 3 of my boys, pulling logs and playing with ropes and chainsaws. Had a bonfire too. Good times!
You know, eliminating Politics won't eliminate the arguing.
Idk anything about it, but I've heard rumors there are some pretty heated arguments about chain saws, chain saw oil, and Ford vs. Dodge trucks.
I do know from personal experience that you haven't seen anything in Politics that compares to the venom between Sicilian women over the "sauce" vs. "gravy" dispute. :crazy2:In fact, that topic is banned on my (not mine, one I am a member of) FB group!!

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
The reason that P&R is so troublesome is because people don't know how to have a civil discussion anymore. Everyone gets their panties in a wad and emotions rule and mouths (or rather, fingers) are unrestrained in the childish attacks. If people would act like grownups during a discussion/argument, then it wouldn't be a problem.

But my scolding won't change anything, unfortunately. Carry on.

As for me, I'm heading to an open house. Nice little place with 6 acres and high taxes (It's still in ILL-a-noise.) Not going to buy it, but it would be nice to have a place for my farming experiments, tree farm, firewood, sawmill, and solar kiln. Could rent out the house and some of the ground. Maybe that would pay for it, but my wife isn't interested. Still, I'm dragging her there anyway.

Here's the link. The house is the one in Mascoutah.
http://www.adamsauctions.com/

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
The reason that P&R is so troublesome is because people don't know how to have a civil discussion anymore. Everyone gets their panties in a wad and emotions rule and mouths (or rather, fingers) are unrestrained in the childish attacks. If people would act like grownups during a discussion/argument, then it wouldn't be a problem.

But my scolding won't change anything, unfortunately. Carry on.

As for me, I'm heading to an open house. Nice little place with 6 acres and high taxes (It's still in ILL-a-noise.) Not going to buy it, but it would be nice to have a place for my farming experiments, tree farm, firewood, sawmill, and solar kiln. Could rent out the house and some of the ground. Maybe that would pay for it, but my wife isn't interested. Still, I'm dragging her there anyway.

Here's the link. The house is the one in Mascoutah.
http://www.adamsauctions.com/
Sorry Unc, I'm with your wife on this one.
2 bedrooms???
I don't like the name of the road either - "Schlichter". :crazy:

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
What color is red sauce?
Welll, if you want my opinion...
There's tomato sauce (red), Alfredo sauce (white), and Hollandaise sauce (yellow).
Then there's gravy, which is made from the drippings of a variety of meat by adding cream, milk, or water and corn starch, or flour as a thickener.
Brown, or white like the sausage gravy made for breakfast.

Red SAUCE is red and made with tomatoes and is not "gravy."
:drinkingcoffee:

yooper

yooper

Tree Freak
Sorry Unc, I'm with your wife on this one.
2 bedrooms???
I don't like the name of the road either - "Schlichter". :crazy:
Ya but it sounds like it has a nice barn. I have a barn bit bigger than that and that's not enough room. And I have a second floor for office and storage.

Del_

Career arborist
There's tomato sauce (red), Alfredo sauce (white), and Hollandaise sauce (yellow).
Then there's gravy, which is made from the drippings of a variety of meat by adding cream, milk, or water and corn starch, or flour as a thickener.

I can see why forums ban that kind of talk.

unclemoustache

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
Not for us, you silly goof! I'd want the barn for my sawmill, the acreage for my tree farm, but we'd rent out the house.

But it was pretty bleak. House needed lots of work. Too much. Maybe if the price is right I'd get it, but I just don't have time for quite a while to work on it.

Westboastfaller

Westboastfaller

Addicted to ArboristSite

Wan'a make a something of it?