I hiss, but I'm not a snake

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha true. It really is a good question. Anybody whos burned wood for a while can tell by the sound of two pieces of firewood hitting each other if the wood is ready to burn, but how much H20 difference between moisture boiling out and the normal +/- 15% for good dry firewood is a good q. I would think that different species of wood would have different moisture contents to have the hissing effect. If i was to guess i would say +/-20%, although ive only heard people talk about moisture contents. i just stack it and wait a while and then burn it.

should probably ask WS if you can borrow his...I hear he swears by them...or maybe its AT them???... either way:pingpong:
Doesn't matter. I just posted this to get and give likes. LOL

Seriously though I gave a friend a bunch of wood and he mentioned it hissed in the firepit (it was given as not seasoned FYI). It was from standing dead so it just got me thinking. I know 25% stuff doesn't hiss as I've burned it in a pinch.

steam pipes also hiss. If they have a leak.
hey hey hey ...tone it down a bit...you would also have to have steam in it for it to hiss...not just a leak...throwing outrageous suggestions like that out will certainly get you "liked" real fast...and you cant afford anymore likes mister!

one thing I "like" about unc-stache is that he has the guts to keep his name, he doesn't change it, like those who are found to be trolls.

one thing I "like" about unc-stache is that he has the guts to keep his name, he doesn't change it, like those who are found to be trolls.
nice going...ya know that 1 like could tip off the IRS, if they see all the likes he has, they will take them away because he has "too much" and give them to those "unable" haha to provide for them selves. GOOD JOB!

nice going...ya know that 1 like could tip off the IRS, if they see all the likes he has, they will take them away because he has "too much" and give them to those "unable" haha to provide for them selves. GOOD JOB!
why thank you sir!!! I'm flattered!!! I'm glad someone else sees the value of my post and has the guts to expose the IRS for the criminals they trully are. you have earned yourself a like my friend. :D

Back