I know its not a chainsaw but its close

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dans3kgt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hello

I need some help here and I know you are the guys for the job. I picked this up today at a yard sale. It looks like a jonsered or husky based engine . Can anyone on here help me figure out who makes this It has spark and some compression but not much about 80 psi but thats without having started or had any fuel in it for a few years. it is made by diamant boart inc.
Any info you guys can get me woulld be very helpfull
Thanks

Dan Kleinman
unknown1.jpg

unknown2.jpg

unknown3.jpg

unknown4.jpg

unknown5.jpg

unknown6.jpg

They used to use them also before the jaws of life to gain access to vehicles after an mva. Sparks were a big issue especially if there was a fuel spill.

well I went out and put some fuel in the carb and gave it a few pulls . Nothing happened kept pulling and then all of a sudden I cant pull any more.Pull rope is about half way out and wont go back in.
It acts like its locked up . So I pull the recoil off and the rope snaps back in place . so I decide to pull the muffler and take a look. It looks ok so I figure I might as well pull the cylinder to see if it is salvagable heres what I found.

unknown7.jpg

unknown8.jpg

unknown9.jpg

unknown10.jpg

I see why you say it's Jonsy or Husky-based. That's one heck of a machine. I'm guessing you can find a piston for that thing... jug OK?

Metal and cement dust really plays the devil on those engines over the years. It seems that regardless of how good your air filter system is, dust always finds it's way into the motor.

jugs perfect but it feels like the missing pieces of the rings got down in the botom end plus it looks like a little milky oil in the bottom of the case. I am not sure where to look or what size piston or brand for that matter. I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me out.

Dan

jugs perfect but it feels like the missing pieces of the rings got down in the botom end plus it looks like a little milky oil in the bottom of the case. I am not sure where to look or what size piston or brand for that matter. I was hoping someone on here would be able to help me out.

Dan

That milky oil sounds like water got in the oil somehow

needs to be changed completely cleaned out with fresh oil etc.

Thats a mean lookin' chop saw. No really, that thing looks like it is 100% business. Heck I may take it off your hands if you get tired of fooling with it...

Thanks Ray thats the info I was looking for . I tried to call today but there not open on sat. Does anyonw have any sugestions on getting any pieces of the ring out of the crankcase without splitting the cases?

Thanks

Dan

you can usually see the pieces as the crank cases are usually pretty small. I would just fill the case with fuel and turn the crank back and forth slowly to flush out the bearings and then follow up with some brake cleaner to get anything that was stuck in some goo then put a little mix oil back in the bearings before you put it together.

Back