I like tax time

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Macclay

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Popped into my local dealer to order a 372, I get told those horrible words "backorder", so grabbed a 576. Anyone had any joy with these? I must admit I didn't like the 575, a bit ...um...sterile. Anyhoo I do like the shiny clutch cover, the first thing to go will be the stupid chain catcher and dog set-up, I have previously ground an additional point where the chain catcher attatches on 72's with good results. Does anyone know if, say, 385/394/395 dogs will fit? The search feature being down is a pain. Anyway heres some pics

09062011245.jpg

09062011244.jpg

Heres one with its new friends

09062011246.jpg

You need to buy more saws and chain to offset the big bucks you are earning as an Agronomist ;)

I got a rude awakening with a recent $13,000 a year payrise. When you work it out on paper it's a $250 week increase. By jumping up a tax bracket (or two?) I pocketed only 1/2 that :)
Ah well, I don't mind paying for the willfully unemployed and refugees...

Oh, and I don't need more saws Rick, I'm selling a few instead :D

Popped into my local dealer to order a 372, I get told those horrible words "backorder", so grabbed a 576. Anyone had any joy with these? I must admit I didn't like the 575, a bit ...um...sterile. Anyhoo I do like the shiny clutch cover, the first thing to go will be the stupid chain catcher and dog set-up, I have previously ground an additional point where the chain catcher attatches on 72's with good results. Does anyone know if, say, 385/394/395 dogs will fit? The search feature being down is a pain. Anyway heres some pics

09062011245.jpg

09062011244.jpg

Heres one with its new friends

09062011246.jpg

'grats on the new saw. rep sent and hoping you will repay with a video of that booger in some wood. the 576 has been out a while and no one is talking about them much.

576 is a good saw. Kinda wish I still had the one I bought last year. It's smoother and more torquey than a 372. It is a little less nimble for limbing. 372 spikes and 385 spikes will fit.

Last edited:
Whats the problem with the chain catcher?

I've never noticed anything negative with my 385 which is the same set up.

Am I missing something?

What on earth prompted Husky to put that ugly a$$ silver clutch cover on their saws?

So dumb asses like me would spend another $55 or so to buy a new clutch cover for a brand new saw. 346XP in particular. The silver sucks period. When my 346 was new, it couldnt make it home in the front seat of my Chevy truck without getting a scar.

So dumb asses like me would spend another $55 or so to buy a new clutch cover for a brand new saw. 346XP in particular. The silver sucks period. When my 346 was new, it couldnt make it home in the front seat of my Chevy truck without getting a scar.
Nice and funny post!!
I've read about the 346xp silver clutch cover paint on this site and other owners...
WTH was Husky thinking??
What was wrong with leaving it orange?? I think it sucks visually!!
This ain't like whitewall tires on a '55 Buick Roadmaster!! ....:msp_thumbup:
I told the local Husky dealer I'd buy one if he'd change the cover..
Wouldn't do it...so I no buy........still want one though....:cry:
:cheers:
J2F

Haven't struck a blow with it yet, maybe next week. Let ya know how it goes.

Dunno how to do the multiple quote thing...sooooo

372 spikes and 385 spikes will fit.

Cheers mate, I'll give 'em a go.

You gonna do a vid in that pink tutu?

To which tutu do you refer? there are other websites for your fetish's:msp_tongue:

While riding the tricycle?

Maybe after he drinks that six-pack?

No stunt riding here, Ahhhh, the 6 pack, that was from a service wire i pruned for a little ole lady while doing a council removal. I get that all the time. I haven't bought beer in ages:msp_thumbsup:

Whats the problem with the chain catcher?

I hate the dog setup, you cant rip big logs or flushcut heavily barked trees with them little fellas, straight to the bin!

What on earth prompted Husky to put that ugly a$$ silver clutch cover on their saws?

I don't mind it, after a couple of months it'll be all banged up. To be honest, I don't care if it's purple polka dots as long as it does what it says in the shiny brochure that came with it:cool2:

Back