I need a bigger saw 461? 661?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gettum both.
1drink.gif

Next question?

Between the two I think the answer is clear, get the 661, odds are you won't give a rats ass about that 462 when it comes out with a 661 in the stable.

I was kinda in your shoes recently ,I went the older mcculloch route. But from my experience if I was you I would get the 661 and be done w/ it. The 661 will handle pretty much any tree, most with ease. The 1-2lb weight difference between the 461 / 661 isn't significant to me while cutting. We use the 461's at work and they work great w/ 20-25" bars, but at times I defiantly wish I had more power for the bigger stuff. If you buy the 661 you will always have enough saw and it would probably last you forever w/ the right fuel/storage. It would really stink to buy the 461 and then decide you wish you had the 661. You would probably sell the 461 and loose hundreds of dollars to get the 661. Think it threw long and hard and go with what your gut says. Don't let the price sway you one way or another, because in the long haul its not much of a difference. Happy cuttin

There’s a new 461r in the trading post here (classifieds on this site). 1000 dollars. Just a heads up. I don’t know the individual who is selling it but I’ve bought lots of crap off this site.

Back