i need a new bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snapper

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just figured wht my used shindy had the chain binding. The bar is bent pretty good. Not noticeable till you remove the chain and bar and sight the bar. Now i am pretty sure tha chain is still good. So what bar do i need to find a 500 shindy, 3.25 pitch? I am going to replace the rim too while i am at it. So any ideas??

Thanks..

now i am really confused. This saw uses a rim socket. It has a seven tooth rim socket, which i believe is for a .325 chain cause it says on it, 325-7. Now if this is true the wrong chain has been run on it. I belive what is on it now is a 3/8 pith, no saftey type chain. I have no clue what pitch the bar is. So this explains the chain sprocket noise i was hearing. When i measured between the three links, the one i belive to be 3/8 pitch measured about 3/4"s and the chain i know is 325 measured bout 13/16" between three links. So if all my understanding is correct, some one ran a 3/8 chain on a .325 rim. So this means i need to pick up a new .325 rim, .325 pitch .50 gauge bar and a chain to match. And then my new used shindy is ready to run. So are ya confused? i am// And is my thinking correct??

thanks

Sounds like your getting to be an old pro now. Have fun with the new toys. Did you mean the .325 measured 11/16" not 13/16"? .325*2 = .650" and 11/16 = .6875". The .325 is actually closer to 21/32 = .65625"

Have fun!

Back