I NEED HELP! in more ways than one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rbtree and computeruser

My trees are about 25' form my house on one side and about 25' from powerlines on the other.

My cheapest quote was 2200.00 dollars. Gulp

Do you think this is reasonable or were these go away prices?

I'm not hear to offened anyone just meet some new people and have a beer.
or two or three........
:cheers:

$2200 DOLLARS for two 70ft pines, I need to move up North!!!

So.... what happened?. This was a long read (thread). Kinda like reading a book and the last few pages are missing.

Any of you guys that gave quotes (Diltree or Newfie) happen to drive by and see the trees (or house) still standing?

BTW, Diltree, I just checked out your web site, nice job.
Looks like you guys have some pretty nice equipment.

Last edited:
You definitely shouldn't be doing those yourself. They look maybe 85-100 feet, branches kind of long, no drop zone on the one, better on the other. All long branches will need to be lowered on the one tree, maybe not on the other, plus the top will be need to be lowered on one if not both.

Not a lot of room to stage branches on the one in the tighter of the two spots. But still could be done as a no haul.

Still a bit hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like a 3 hour job for three men.... I'd charge about $8-900, or $11-1400 with cleanup-- or a bit more. No wood hauling. If I'm envisioning the job correctly, $2200 is robbery, they look to be relatively straightforward--but only for professionals.

Hire it out.

I agree with you all, he shouldn't do that one himself. $2200 is a bit high, but I might charge that much for that one. Anytime there is a rick of breaking something, such as that shed, that raises the price in my opinion.

Treework in Mass is expensive...Let it be known...We get paid well to do it as well...there is another thread speakign about pay scale int he boston area...it seems to be about double what the rest of the country is...

Keep getting bids until you find the right guy.I bid a job for a do it yourselfer,he decided to go rent a lift and do the job hiself.I asked his buddy how well they did getting the tree down and he told me the last limb left to cut went through his roof.My bid was for $375.00 to drop the tree no clean up.I lmao thinking how much extra he had to pay out!!

All I can think of is 'Wholey ****!!', the gents up here would piece that down in short time @ about 150per tree, about 2-3hrs work, no cleanup but no bs or damage either, dang!
I guess its what the market will bear, not my cup o' tea to put people down but that quote seems on the robbery side of things.

Just my unworthy 0.02$ fer the wormy-wet evening.

:cheers: (like they said ^^^^, get some more quotes eh)

Serge

Won't anyone living close enough just ride by this guys place and at least tell us if the trees are still there? I have to know. It's eating me up!

May I ask how everyone started?
Noboby starts out knowing how to do everything.
nope we sure didn't know a darn thing when we started but we where trained by people who did know everything. being trained how to do something and trying it with out training are night and day, those used spike are most likely pole spikes which are too short for trees being that you state they came with a "belt", we don't use "belts" we use saddles, if the price is too high then save money and have it done later because you can't support your family if you're dead or paralyzed.

Heres some of the new pictures just taken

I wouldn't even consider that job for less than $1500 and I'm one of those "small guys" you spoke of.

I have one question, who and how do you plan to keep the limbs and wood from hitting that shed under the trees?

Don't forget the 250gal. propane tank.:hmm3grin2orange:

oh yeah, I forgot that.

anyone with out experience would be a fool to try and do that job with the gear that has been described in this thread, nothing was mentioned about a rope to lower the limbs much less a climbing rope.

Kind of interesting reading how folks would price these trees in their particular locals.

$2200 a tree doesn't sound outrageous to me. Lots of rigging to be done. I would probably ask for $1800 a tree and might be willing to do it for $1500 a tree if I was hungry. I just did a 60' Cotton Wood that was leaning over a house for $1440. The bid was for $1600 but I gave the lady a 10% senior discount. Lots of risk and liability in this business. I refuse to work for peanuts.

Back