I need help with Insurance CO billing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rescue3man

Reaction score
What are some of the ways and key words when billing Insurance Co ? I have started doing some tree removal from structures for insurance co's and I need some help with how to bill them and what key words to use so they will pay most for the home or business owner ????

your best bet is to bill the owner (COD!) and help them to get reimbursed from the ins. every ins policy is different and allot of them don't cover certain things (hauling / chipping / cleanup ). in less you are very good at Reading the policy's and under standing them. you are better off getting paid by the owner or you may do a job and find out that their is no coverage for the claim. if you are sent to a job by an ins. co.have them fax you a work order that is very specific as to the scope of work they will pay for and the you can do "what needs to be done ;) " and just fill in the blanks on the invoice

My rule of thumb when dealing with insurance companies in general is that they will pay to remove a tree off of a structure, driveway, vehicles that are insured, powerlines if it caused damage to the house, deck or any other structure type property.

Most will not pay for the disposal or even clean-up but just to get it off the house. I go completely simple and don't put much in it. Bill the home owner for "removal of tree off of...(one of the above items)...." Thats it. If you put down that you did clean up and this and that the insurance may toss it back. NOTHING MORE and a PRICE. I have yet to have one kicked back at me.

Now Some insurance companies like State Farm will pay what ever Cost to have it removed and then UP to $500 to have it cleaned up and removed. Not saying to GET the insurance company but it is good to put it in the back of your head when billing. And State Farm around here anyway is fine with us billing them direct and not making there customer deal with it.

Other companies will pay up to $1000 dollars per tree for the above so it is nice to know who the insurance company is and what the policy says because it will very.

Want a good way to find out and stay on the insurance companies good side. Talk to their agent and tell them you NEED to know what the policy will cover because "you want to do what ever you can to TRY and keep the cost down so that the insurance will cover it to keep YOUR CLIENT from having to FORK OUT any more MONEY." They like to here that. Makes them and there company look good if you can keep it to where the insurance picks up the bill.

We request a direction of pay from the carrier before starting and copy of the estimate/work order their adjuster has complied. This has helped us in the past. PTS is right keep it short and simple.

Back