I need info

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hard wood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
How do you post a picture . I tried clicking on browse and then open the documents and then I went to . img. click on it and then the ok nothing happened a little help would be nice . I was going to put a picture of the class of master logger I got certified with thank <<<<<<<<<<Mark

Hi Mark, when you click on browse, you must also click on the source of the picture, ie, 3 1/2' floppy, C drive, E drive etc., you may also have to click on "all files" to find it. The simplist way is to save your pictures on a floppy, then upload to your reply. Dont click on preview message or the picture will be lost.
When someone tried to explain this to me a year ago, I nearly lost it trying, but its a nice feeling when you get the picture to work for the first time.
John

I'm not sure what the big deal is. You click browse and locate the file you want to attach. I keep my photos in a particular folder, so I just make my way there and doube-click on the photo. Then you click the post messge button and it takes a while to upload your photo.

Hey John, how do you get curly shavings like that? Special chain? I just get big chunks with full chisel 3/8" on my saws.

Hi John, curly fries result when using as saw as a log splitter, ie, severing fibre with a saw parrallel to the way the tree grows. The annual rings are severed one at a time, thus the thread like fibres. This is not to be confused with ripping which takes twice the hp and creates bug dust. Crosscutting severes several growth rings at a time so the chips will usually be only as big as thickness of the rings. A sharp chain is a must.
John

Thanks for the enlightenment. I'll have to give that a shot soon. Now I just have to find a local tree wider than the bar...

BTW: Nice shot of the EZ. Just realized that's it's more beat up than my yard sale-landed SXL-925!

John, you are wrong, since I can file chisel and you cant; My crosscut chips look the same.....If I ripped a log with my chain I would end up with .050 x 12' boards. They don't have much use here, but make great tinder for the winter fire. :D

And by the way everybody...I sent John a 8mm tape of the V8,s and Rotax doing their thing.....how cum it aint posted :confused:

Hi Robert, I gave up trying to make 1/4" boards with a saw, so now I do it with an axe instead. I will have to use your 8mm tape to film some cuts here soon. I just dont know how to make an 8mm movie into an mpg file yet. I will put on a show for you and send it back as long as you can stomach Huskies and Jonsereds.
John

sorry - you cant make long fries unless you cut longways - just the way wood grows...if you crosscut you will always get chips - bigger the better eh?!?! longways your talking stringfella - bug up your saw if your not careful with them long threads..lol

anyway - i am always full of crap so i thought id make a good post without saying that husky is the best saw in the universe and stihl sucks - i just want to get the big squares.:) besides that gypo talks through his butt - he has no clue of what he does for a living - lol....thanks for ignoring me....

Latest posts

Back