I ordered a husqvarna diagnostic tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent Nowell

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
from some place in New Jersey from their online store. Says new in box, we will see.
Everything I read says dealer only, maybe they will not ship it to me? I don’t know.
Stay tuned, see how this pans out.

I think you will be able to interface and read info from equipment, but updated software requires dealer access.
Yes you can read all the stored data on the saw, run solenoid/throttle/temp tests etc and do a factory reset which is great when on rebuilding a saw you install a carb from another saw that had running issues, no access to updates but not sure if any updates are required, I bought mine from a husqvarna dealer and he said he didn't have much use for it as there was rarely any updates anyway! I think it's great as it tells you a lot about the saw, how many hours it's run etc. (average hours on non working saws I purchase is in the 700 hours run time bracket!) I think you will enjoy it, its very interesting.

I think you will be able to interface and read info from equipment, but updated software requires dealer access.
Do you guys mean updated firmware for the saw? Or the updated program itself?

Can you not save the firmware to a file and email it if that’s the case?

Thank you for the info. I got it to **** around with, wasn’t terribly expensive believe it or not.

Do you guys mean updated firmware for the saw? Or the updated program itself?

Can you not save the firmware to a file and email it if that’s the case?

Thank you for the info. I got it to **** around with, wasn’t terribly expensive believe it or not.
Curious how this plays out because I've been told it won't work with the latest software requiring constant online dealer login access.
Not sure about that, I have had mine a while now and is a stand alone system. Maybe the newer versions require constant updates to function ?

Electronic programs always has updates. Is there a update section on the Husqvarna site? Or is it for dealers only.?

My question is how often does the saw need to be plugged into the tool.?

We’re not going to get this service tool work done at the big box stores. It’s a dealer only thing that’s good for the dealers. Does the big box stores sell these saws.?

We all know the electronic technology changes at a rapid pace. Point ever take out an Atari game? Ancient technology. Pong anyone. What happens when these saws get old will they still function. I programmed CNC controllers it can be confusing. There all different programs. Leading zeros, trailing zeros, decimal point, no decimal point. All I’m trying to say is does the service tool come with a instruction book? We program the saw to ?

The only adjustments I did on the older saws was a fall and spring adjustments on the low speed screw.

Are you able to update saw FW to the latest? Or do you only have updates to a certain date?
I should imagine when a new model comes out, yes, the software will need updating to keep up with the current tech (though I believe the hardware will stay the same ie cables/interface etc)
For me, repairing saws of a certain age its fine, and I'm hoping it will still be usable on the basic settings for future models, but it remains to be seen!

I should imagine when a new model comes out, yes, the software will need updating to keep up with the current tech (though I believe the hardware will stay the same ie cables/interface etc)
For me, repairing saws of a certain age its fine, and I'm hoping it will still be usable on the basic settings for future models, but it remains to be seen!
I mean on say a 550xp, are you able apply firmware updates? Do you have the latest firmware or only up to a certain date?

I mean on say a 550xp, are you able apply firmware updates? Do you have the latest firmware or only up to a certain date?
No updates at all, just the basic diagnostics (running Time, temperature, hours, how many times its been started, throttle positioning etc) full test of fuel solenoid, throttle positioning, internal temp etc and a factory reset feature on the settings.

No updates at all, just the basic diagnostics (running Time, temperature, hours, how many times its been started, throttle positioning etc) full test of fuel solenoid, throttle positioning, internal temp etc and a factory reset feature on the settings.
All firmware(program) install and update have to be done using the cst (common service tool)via the dealer only portal.

So now the question is, how do dealers sign up to the hisqvarna portal?
How do they know you are a dealer?

*edit*

Who has the balls to sign up lmao, I’m serious

https://www.husqvarna.com/ca-en/become-a-dealer/

I’m thinking about it, tell em what they want to hear. I can sell saws out of my garage.
If it means getting a business license to do it for 150 bones maybe lol

My local Husky dealer has my 562, to do a diagnostic check-up. He's had it for 2 weeks, and says something about his software or computer being messed-up. Guess I'll have to go get it back.

My local Husky dealer has my 562, to do a diagnostic check-up. He's had it for 2 weeks, and says something about his software or computer being messed-up. Guess I'll have to go get it back.
Wow, watching the videos you should literally have it back in ten minutes. If they are not able to keep their computer running then how do they keep a proper business??
Red flag!

If yall want to see how this business of needing a "dealer only" service for the electronics ends for us...?
Then take a look at the John Deere mess.
https://www.wired.com/story/john-deere-farmers-right-to-repair/

Can't wait to see a "check engine" light on the hand held oh-pee-ee.
You pull the recoil and just see an LED blink and fade instead of the unit cranking.

When the start counter or run time counter reaches a set point, you get to go see that dealer (same one that doesn't want to buy the diagnostic tool) and have an inspection for exhaust systems alterations, deleted catalysts, Perhaps the fuel flow mapping compensation is shifting outside of certain, factory, perimeters? (ported saw).
...after unit passes inspection, then they can reset your ECU.

If yall want to see how this business of needing a "dealer only" service for the electronics ends for us...?
Then take a look at the John Deere mess.
https://www.wired.com/story/john-deere-farmers-right-to-repair/

Can't wait to see a "check engine" light on the hand held oh-pee-ee.
You pull the recoil and just see an LED blink and fade instead of the unit cranking.

When the start counter or run time counter reaches a set point, you get to go see that dealer (same one that doesn't want to buy the diagnostic tool) and have an inspection for exhaust systems alterations, deleted catalysts, Perhaps the fuel flow mapping compensation is shifting outside of certain, factory, perimeters? (ported saw).
...after unit passes inspection, then they can reset your ECU.
This stinks! I believe the tractors can also be remotely disabled if finance payments are not made! I also noticed on the new Stihl electronic equipment ie saws etc. You are able to have an app on your phone, which keeps you up to date, when and for how long the piece of equipment is being used for during the day, talk about trackers on vehicles, this is getting scary!

Back