I rarely see the MS-280 Discussed on here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED-85-Z51

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Was it not all that popular when it was new? I know it was not really a follow up of the 028. It has a mag case but, its not a normal setup, its a clamshell where the bottom is the mag case half. It seems well built, cuts well for a 55cc saw and its well balanced. The fit and finish is very slick.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Run away, fast!
Ive had it a few months, did a clutch swap to rim drive and muffler mod, its a fun reliable saw.
256404e63372fb256d758d49e5755614.jpg

Don`t ever pull the saw out of a jamb. Other than that they are a pain to work on. Keep it maintained, don`t break it and it will cut wood just fine, just not my cup of tea. I get rid of them as quickly as possible but some swear by the 270 and 280.

I had to replace a boot after 6 years being used by a firewood business. Took a few minutes, slipped it down between the handle and cylinder. It doesn't seem outwardly all that hard to work on but i haven't been deep into it.

Hey, they work and some love them.. If you are used to working on saws like 272,257,350,372 etc....when you have any of those saw apart it's going to look like a crime scene as compared to the fore mentioned Husqvarna's... BUT if you have worked on 550's 562's & 251's, 461's and the like...its all good. :) I do think there is something to that comment a protagonist had once about Stihl Mechanics are better mechanics :)

Saw sucks to work on. Whenever one comes in I shake my head and cringe. I would love to meet and talk too the “engineer” that came up with that design

Latest posts

Back