I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a saw, but there is a stihl bg55 blower for $20 locally that fell off the back of a truck. Worth saving?
80b560b80eaf23669c48473383ed2159.jpg

09c5afc66a535290556fe0666e095458.jpg

3361f735e001bf8a0ca86790eed09de4.jpg

0e5e44c765224bc11674436be1761a5e.jpg
Depends on what you want it for or need.
I like the red max backpack blowers personally,you can get them at around half or less and they are great. I've had mine for around 15 yrs, fuel lines, carb cleaned, 2 recoils(rain gets in there when left on the trailer), and that's it. I mow a few laws a week and do fall/spring cleanups as well as my own stuff and use it to clean up anything that will blow around including light snow up to about 6". I still have the recoils and they could be taken apart and fixed, but at the time money was more available than time.
I do have a friend who has a comparable model to the one you posted and they are good unit's for small things such as blowing leaves of a deck the driveway or out of the garage, but for fall cleanup of a yard with lots of leaves I wouldn't recommend it. I would guess that model sells for around 1-125 on CL here, you may want to check in your area as well as know the parts cost if your serious about it.

Not a saw, but there is a stihl bg55 blower for $20 locally that fell off the back of a truck. Worth saving?
80b560b80eaf23669c48473383ed2159.jpg

09c5afc66a535290556fe0666e095458.jpg

3361f735e001bf8a0ca86790eed09de4.jpg

0e5e44c765224bc11674436be1761a5e.jpg

I wouldn’t start putting into it in that shape. If it just had a carb issue go for it. I bet you’ll start encountering more and more as you go

Have a Stihl MS170 saw which I can't pull the starter on
Removed the starter and the chain brake is stuck on the sprocket
Finally disengaged the brake on the sprocket but can not remove the brake line around the sprocket to pull the sprocket out
Can not move the sprocket at all, looks like the plastic around the sprocket is burned
Can anyone help and point me in the right direction
Thank you

The dude freaked out on me when I asked him about it. He literally sent me this. word for word.. sorry about the f-bomb but it was word for word. I like his 084 for $1,800.00. LOL..

"
This is your problem. Your a know it all.

Your a communist. You dont believe in free markets.

You really need to mind your own business instead of trying to tell other people what they can and cant do.

Seriously leave me the **** alone.
"

The dude freaked out on me when I asked him about it. He literally sent me this. word for word.. sorry about the f-bomb but it was word for word. I like his 084 for $1,800.00. LOL..

"
This is your problem. Your a know it all.

Your a communist. You dont believe in free markets.

You really need to mind your own business instead of trying to tell other people what they can and cant do.

Seriously leave me the **** alone.
"

I just looked at other stuff and Holy cow!! How does he sell anything?!?

Why do you think he has so many saws for sale? Quite obvious he never moves any. I love the 170's also. Hmm, let me see, buy a used saw for more than I can go down the road and buy a new one with a warranty for. How do you even keep that business venture afloat?

Why do you think he has so many saws for sale? Quite obvious he never moves any. I love the 170's also. Hmm, let me see, buy a used saw for more than I can go down the road and buy a new one with a warranty for. How do you even keep that business venture afloat?
You are a communist as well!!!!! AS is full of communists.. He must own a pawn shop. Lol..

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Actually, he does move some of them, including your apt example - buy used for more than new. See https://tinyurl.com/y832tb7b

i was just in killeen for 12 days.. I am sure you have heard much worse! Just remember, DO NOT QUESTION anyone.. I love how he compares a 45 to an 026, or a 550xp, etc.. definitely same saw!

Hah yeh I’m sure most of us have. But to a red, white, and blue bleeding freedom loving American that’s a horrible thing to be called. I hope a convocation of Eagles devours him while Uncle Sam watches smoking a cigar and sipping some Bourbon.

Back