I smeel good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife says don't even think of entering the house after cutting fire wood this time of year. GAWD you stink, strip on the screen porch and go straight to the shower.

Later when it is cold she says I'll open up the walk out, strip in the basement and go straight to the shower.

I don't know how you can stand to smell your self even, GAWD YOU STINK!!!!!!!

:D Al

The only time my wife would not let me in the house before shedding clothes was back in my army days. I was assisting in tear gas training and I spent hours in the tent with tear gas while other went in and removed their gas masks to experience what it was like. My clothes were drenched in the stuff.

My wife doesn’t like how I smell. She will complain.

One day last winter I came in from a day of cutting firewood. She said ok you stink go get a shower. I said ok. I proceeded to strip down and saw dust come flying out of my shoes and pants pockets all over the floor. Her look could have killed. I said “well you see to prevent this from happening again I need this new pair of chainsaw pants that have zippered pockets and I need a different pair of boots.”

So I’m hoping this fall I can get me the pants I want and some new boots. If she declines maybe I will do a repeat of the sawdust trick to see if that is persuasive enough. :crazy:;)

I did tell her I don’t understand what is so bad about smelling like wood and premix. She doesn’t get it. :nofunny:

I always wanted a chick that liked the smell of my BO.
I take certain supplements that make me stink anyway. I go to work and come home smelling like formaldehyde and fungus. I get dirty looks and disgust.

I envy you.

This time of year I sweat gallons my cloths are soaking wet and I smell, and not like Hopps # 9.
That is another smell My wife can't stand but I love the stuff.

In the winter I sweat but not to the point of my colothes getting soaking wet but I still stink bad.

Funny my chaps prevent wood chips from getting in my pockets and also the flap at the end that nearly covers my toes keep them out of my shoes and socks.

Try wearing boots instead of those shallow sports SHOES.

:D Al

I gotta ask the question.
Any of you stinky guys ever heard of deodorant?
I take a shower in the morning and put on clean cloths and deodorant , go to work and do tree work all day and I’m not knocking anybody over at the end of the day.
I’ve worked with plenty of guys that were ripe. The worst was a young women we had as a groundie one season. BO is one thing but when you can smell stinky poo yah at 25’ it’s a whole another thing. Make your eyes tear I tell ya.

I take a shower at night. Rather not go to bed dirty!

Winter isn't so bad. No dirt/dust, have layers on, so mostly just outer layer gets dirty.
Not working on projects as much (lot easier when it's not cold!)

As far as sawdust, it gets everywhere. Oh well, it just mixes in with the dog hair.

I was at the Dr's a while back, he came in and mentioned to the helper (no idea what they are called, they take temp, blood pressure, type notes in the computer, etc) that the janitor did a bad job, there was sawdust all over the floor.

Yeah.. somehow came from me. Was first thing in the morning, before work, and I had clothes fresh out of the wash.

I bathe morning and night. We have a sauna at our cabin which we fire each evening and the residual heat makes a very nice morning bath. Bathing twice a day also helps a lot with my allergies.

If it’s over 70 degrees I stink within 30 minutes of working. The only deodorant that kind of works is the hunter’s scent killer antiperspirant but that of course only kills scent in the armpits.

Out here a lot of guys spend extended time at their deer camps each fall. Some of them don’t bathe the whole time (up to 16 days!), or only take PTA baths. I can’t imagine going more than a couple days with a bath. So nice to have a sauna in those cases as you can also do laundry in it and dry wet hunting clothes as well.

Another nice thing about sauna is you can kind of steam the stink out of work clothes.

I’ll hang my wood cutting clothes in the sauna before bed and the rankness will be cut down by about 75 percent the next morning. It doesn’t work forever but it helps get an extra day out of the clothes.

Back