I smeel good

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta ask the question.
Any of you stinky guys ever heard of deodorant?
I take a shower in the morning and put on clean cloths and deodorant , go to work and do tree work all day and I’m not knocking anybody over at the end of the day.
I’ve worked with plenty of guys that were ripe. The worst was a young women we had as a groundie one season. BO is one thing but when you can smell stinky poo yah at 25’ it’s a whole another thing. Make your eyes tear I tell ya.
true that, butttttt. before I retired,,at work was a guy,,who had terrible bo..the foreman even had to tell him to use more deodorant in the shower..he was pissed,,complained to the co, they told him to buzz off!!!!!!

In the summer I could swim in a pool of deordent, colone or other and still stink. I sweat from every pour in my body not just under the arms.

:D Al

Good lawd, I can't stand my own brand after a day of cutting wood in this heat, my wife won't even come near me. I'll strip in the garage and hang up my sopping wet clothes and immediately get into the shower. Even on a winter day I'll be sweating like a pig. I'm exerting energy, I'm sweating.

Interesting. Everyone’s body is different. Some of us sweat a lot, some do not. Some of us work hard to fight the stink, others do not.
I’m sure some of that has to do with our diet, but some is just how we’re made.

I know a guy who can’t wear a digital watch because his body electricity will break it within weeks.
I know another guy who’s skin pH is so acidic his arm will eat through his tuba in a year if he doesn’t protect it with a rag or barrier of some kind.

The body is an amazing thing, that’s for sure, but I wish I didn’t sweat so much. Living in a drier climate would be ideal.

Interesting. Everyone’s body is different. Some of us sweat a lot, some do not. Some of us work hard to fight the stink, others do not.
I’m sure some of that has to do with our diet, but some is just how we’re made.

I know a guy who can’t wear a digital watch because his body electricity will break it within weeks.
I know another guy who’s skin pH is so acidic his arm will eat through his tuba in a year if he doesn’t protect it with a rag or barrier of some kind.

The body is an amazing thing, that’s for sure, but I wish I didn’t sweat so much. Living in a drier climate would be ideal.

I have a friend like that. I will not let him play any of my guitars because the next day the strings are so corroded they will rip your fingers to shreds. On the other hand (no pun intended) I can play for months on a set with no issues.
My dad could never wear a watch because it would always stop working.

I have a friend like that. I will not let him play any of my guitars because the next day the strings are so corroded they will rip your fingers to shreds. On the other hand (no pun intended) I can play for months on a set with no issues.
My dad could never wear a watch because it would always stop working.
high elec energy in his body..i had a friend like that, whos passed, and he couldn't wear a watch of any type...I sold him my self wind timex,,and it lasted two weeks before it quit,,he smashed it with a hammer!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sweat like a $5 whore on payday but I never smell like an italian sub, just whatever equipment I was using or flavor of wood I was cutting. Now my feet.. thats a different story.
White socks and a tea spoon of boric acid powder in your boots every other day. Worked for me.

My business partner had that high powered personal electro-magnetic field that would kill digital watches and calipers. It would take him weeks before he and his computer came into charge balance and he quit swearing at it. Then I would have to work on it and the swearing would start all over again. I threatened to make him wear a ground strap.

If you think your wife hates the smell of sweat, sawdust and 2-cycle oil, try working in a machine shop. The combination of sulfurized cutting oil and rancid soluble oil coolant will gag a maggot, and it takes several showers before it starts to fade. I'm lucky I ever got any, she must have really loved me.

My business partner had that high powered personal electro-magnetic field that would kill digital watches and calipers. It would take him weeks before he and his computer came into charge balance and he quit swearing at it. Then I would have to work on it and the swearing would start all over again. I threatened to make him wear a ground strap.

If you think your wife hates the smell of sweat, sawdust and 2-cycle oil, try working in a machine shop. The combination of sulfurized cutting oil and rancid soluble oil coolant will gag a maggot, and it takes several showers before it starts to fade. I'm lucky I ever got any, she must have really loved me.

That's a good smell.

They need air sprays...

Machine shop
Tire shop
Wood shop
Camping
New boots
Loctite

I bought a can "big sur woods" what crap!
Smelled like a room full of over perfumed old ladies.

That's a good smell.

They need air sprays...

Machine shop
Tire shop
Wood shop
Camping
New boots
Loctite

I bought a can "big sur woods" what crap!
Smelled like a room full of over perfumed old ladies.
I love the smell of certain 2 stroke oils too. Injex smelled awesome, unfortunately it was ****** oil.

I’ve toured several of them and I love the smell of a warship. Steel and diesel.

I sweat getting out of a cold shower. Did when I was skinny and do still now that I am fat. Love working in the heat though so I have lots of under armour type clothes to wick as much away as I can. Gold bond and right guard.

I sweat getting out of a cold shower. Did when I was skinny and do still now that I am fat. Love working in the heat though so I have lots of under armour type clothes to wick as much away as I can. Gold bond and right guard.

Sweating is good for you. It helps purge your body of toxins.

Back