• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Peak Industries

I suck thread!

farmer steve

farmer steve

outstanding in my field, 5150
I've heard that chain might be worth something. There was one like that in real good condition sold at an auction this spring in nice condition that brought around $90.

67L36Driver

67L36Driver

Tree Freak
Classic Diston w/straddle scratcher chain. Bishops in Perry, Ks. has a couple restored on display.

Value?

Put it up on evilbay, start the bidding at $0.99 and you will find out.

alleyyooper

alleyyooper

Addicted to ArboristSite
My uncle not only ran them all day but sharpened chains half the night. but that was back in the day when Men were real men. Uncle cut timer till he was in his mid 80's, was 101 when he passed.

I wouldn't like to run it all day my self rather peel pulp logs all day. You got to be old when you can remember peeling pulp logs all summer for spending money.

:D Al

rarefish383

rarefish383

Addicted to ArboristSite
My friend at the counter of the shop I use, retired last year, in his mid 70's. His father was a Pioneer dealer, and a saw shop. He knew I had my Dad's Disston DA 211, two man saw. He always liked the DA 211's. I figured he would get a kick when I told him I found a real nice DO 100. I was wrong. He said that was one saw he truly did not like. He told me it was a very odd saw to run, I forget most of the details. But, I think the grip on the handle, that looks like the grip safety on a Colt 1911, operates the clutch. He told me to save my money for another big Homelite, which are my passion in chainsaws. So I passed on it. It is a cool saw for a shelf filler. I'm sure if you got it running it would be fun to play with now and again.