I suck :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I correct that the 661/462 plan is on hold now?
Also, I'm very jealous... You suck. lol.
Yes it’s on hold ha, though the shop is still out of saws, in fact their rack is total empyy apart from one or two, everything else is back ordered! I feel good as I did give up one saw for another so my my other half can’t be too unhappy. The stihl shop owner has an 08(s?) I’m going to try and get off him at some point. Pleased I could trade this one because it keeps money in my pocket, though only to drain again buying parts for these old tanks I suppose.

Keep the screws that hold on the tank snug. The starter is also on the tank and there is to much weight hanging there and they are only the smaller sized screws. Once they are stripped it is hard to get it right again.

My 075 stripped those holes out, stripped the oversized holes out, and pulled helicoils out. Finally swapped with a NOS case to start all over.

Also, is it as simple as taking out the plug and replacing with decomp or do I have to do something with the screws that are on the side of the cylinder?

Also, anyone got a clue what this threaded hole is for? I guess I’m missing a bolt, but the IPL I have Isn’t showing anything.
Decomp just unscrews though you may have to remove the rear cover for clearance.

The unused hole may be a cutoff saw thing.

I once bought a 076 for 50 bucks... but it did not look as nice as yours :cool:. You definitely suck!
I have three 076 that I use for milling - actually one that I use and two for emergencies that seem to never happen. Only one of them has a chain brake ( I gave one chain brake away for free to a friend in a moment of total confusion). But you don't really need a chain brake on these, I guess.
Check your bolts and keep them tight - they tend to rattle loose in no time at all. Same goes or the clutch retainer nut...

Latest posts

Back