I think I'm buying 373xp tonight..good Lord help me

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

August76

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Screenshot_20180905-195525.jpg Screenshot_20180905-195533.jpg Screenshot_20180905-195542.jpg Screenshot_20180905-195551.jpg So a local guy has the 372 for sale he had a 395 he sold last week.
We were talking chainsaw Mills. So he hits me up today and says I have a 372 for sale. Some of you that know me... know I don't like (avoided) Husqvarna because my old man ran them but I think for $300 I might just have to get over it.
Sorry for the 373 title I can't edit it

Its all about time investment. If you want to save some money and possibly invest a lot more time in a saw to get it in tip top shape... than do it.

If you Don’t have the time, buy a new one if you need one.

Its all about a balance between time and money......IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 372 won't stand up to heavy milling work. The clutches burn up and they don't have quite enough power. If you're only milling Pine less than 18", it will be fine.

372 is one of the best chainsaws ever made and a good runner with a 28" B&C is worth more than $300. Snag it!

A 372 won't stand up to heavy milling work. The clutches burn up and they don't have quite enough power. If you're only milling Pine less than 18", it will be fine.

372 is one of the best chainsaws ever made and a good runner with a 28" B&C is worth more than $300. Snag it!
I've never heard a saw sound quite like these. Instantly remember this sound from my old man's husky. The guy needed bills paid and has lots of saws n no work. It's less than a year old. I'm impressed.
And 260 was the price. I pulled the muffler. Looks mint brand new.
Yeah I'm sensing my Mac super 250 is the mill saw. It out cuts the 038 mag.its like a diesel lol. Big slow powerful tank

Chain has seen better days. Time to get the gullet ehy.
I'm liking this saw. Tomorrow I'll try to get out and buck some wood and see how she does.P_20180905_233522_p.jpg P_20180905_233234_p.jpg P_20180905_233225_p.jpg P_20180905_233219_p.jpg P_20180905_233207_p.jpg

View attachment 673107 View attachment 673108 View attachment 673109 View attachment 673110 So a local guy has the 372 for sale he had a 395 he sold last week.
We were talking chainsaw Mills. So he hits me up today and says I have a 372 for sale Some of you that know me... know I don't like Husqvarna because my old man ran them and my old man was a POS but I think $300 I might just have to get over it
Why do you class an inanimate #of parts of different materials gathered together to produce a chain saw as a POS because you & & your father didn't get on & he used Husky saw/s the saws he or anybody else has wouldn't know the owner was good or other wise the ultimate is to straight gas or run weak & seizure will be the end result BUT the SAW will neither know nor care why The saw won't know or care of the fact you & your father disagree Don,t turn down what could be a cracking deal on a quality product because of family upsets you are or could be handicapping yourself

Why do you class an inanimate #of parts of different materials gathered together to produce a chain saw as a POS because you & & your father didn't get on & he used Husky saw/s the saws he or anybody else has wouldn't know the owner was good or other wise the ultimate is to straight gas or run weak & seizure will be the end result BUT the SAW will neither know nor care why The saw won't know or care of the fact you & your father disagree Don,t turn down what could be a cracking deal on a quality product because of family upsets you are or could be handicapping yourself
I know what you are saying. Main thing is Arizona and the west coast where I grew up Stihl is what most run.
I didn't say that the saws we're bad. I got a smoking deal at $260. I don't see husky often local. Everyone sells there 450 ranchers and that's about the biggest you see. Maybe a 460 now and then. I think husky is more a east coast thing? My dad was from new york lol.
It's all Stihl here and alot of echo timber wolf saws pop up.

I know what you are saying. Main thing is Arizona and the west coast where I grew up Stihl is what most run.
I didn't say that the saws we're bad. I got a smoking deal at $260. I don't see husky often local. Everyone sells there 450 ranchers and that's about the biggest you see. Maybe a 460 now and then. I think husky is more a east coast thing? My dad was from new york lol.
It's all Stihl here and alot of echo timber wolf saws pop up.
In the area of France I live we have possibly a dozen commercial logging company's when we first started around eight used Stihl over the years the brand loyalty has changed to now being ten of the company's using Husky, both have Pro's & Con's but availability of parts & price seems to have been the deal cruncher in recent years in your case it's probably a dealer thing glad you didn't pass up a good deal I'm sure you will find it compares to a similar model Stihl

In the area of France I live we have possibly a dozen commercial logging company's when we first started around eight used Stihl over the years the brand loyalty has changed to now being ten of the company's using Husky, both have Pro's & Con's but availability of parts & price seems to have been the deal cruncher in recent years in your case it's probably a dealer thing glad you didn't pass up a good deal I'm sure you will find it compares to a similar model Stihl
France has a lot of timber industry. I never would have figured. I talked to a guy in France on the ham radio once. That's another expensive hobby.
This saw sounds mean like my dolmar 111 has that certain sound.
I live in the high desert area of northern Arizona. I'm at 5200 feet in a valley . The surrounding mountain and hills have lots of pine, and stuff. Flagstaff Arizona is even higher with more trees but no logging that I'm aware of. I grew up in Washington state in the 80s and Scott paper was a big outfit there. Till the spotted owl bs

France has a lot of timber industry. I never would have figured. I talked to a guy in France on the ham radio once. That's another expensive hobby.
This saw sounds mean like my dolmar 111 has that certain sound.
I live in the high desert area of northern Arizona. I'm at 5200 feet in a valley . The surrounding mountain and hills have lots of pine, and stuff. Flagstaff Arizona is even higher with more trees but no logging that I'm aware of. I grew up in Washington state in the 80s and Scott paper was a big outfit there. Till the spotted owl bs
Our harvesting in some cases differs from the US we coppice & pollard a good amount of deciduous timber mostly oak ,any trees that are fully harvested in places require the planting of 3 saplings My daughter lives in Washington State (Winthrop) she has just retired from the police dept & is now a park ranger of some type

Our harvesting in some cases differs from the US we coppice & pollard a good amount of deciduous timber mostly oak ,any trees that are fully harvested in places require the planting of 3 saplings My daughter lives in Washington State (Winthrop) she has just retired from the police dept & is now a park ranger of some type
Nice I lived in marble mount on hywy 20 in the cascades then rockport and Burlington before moving to Seattle .Winthrop is on the other side.

Wow what a deal, this and the 395 are said to be two of the best saws ever produced.

I think you’ll be ok milling softwoods or smaller diameter hard woods like the other guy said. Clutch design is not ideal for milling that’s the big thing, external clutch is the way to go... however some of the most popular milling saws are stihl with onboard clutches so go figure?

Wow what a deal, this and the 395 are said to be two of the best saws ever produced.

I think you’ll be ok milling softwoods or smaller diameter hard woods like the other guy said. Clutch design is not ideal for milling that’s the big thing, external clutch is the way to go... however some of the most popular milling saws are stihl with onboard clutches so go figure?
I won't use it on the mill. I would rather use my Mac super 250 it's a big heavy slow stong saw that seems to plow like a freight train. At 87cc it's the biggest saw. I have and the heaviest. And has outboard clutch. What model of Stihl have outboard clutch. My 038 mag is inboard
Also why am I getting wavy cuts on the mill cutting pine?

Yes she lives on SR 20 some 2 miles out of Winthrop
We used to always ride motorcycles from Everett Washington all the way up to Winthrop and then go a little further and and then turn around and pit stop there

Does this saw have a adjustable oiler?
It runs great and I cut with it tonight but it didn't cut as good as I had expected.
Am I missing something here? I thought these saws we're a big deal

So I read something somewhere that this is more emissions epa controlled then older 372. this is a 2017 model I think.
What do I have to do to wake this saw up?

You have an x-torq version. There aren't a ton of simple mods for these.

Simplest mod is to take the muffler and bracket off, drill two 3/8 holes through the front bracket and muffler, then put a screen in between and bolt the muffler back on.

Next would be the carb. Check if you have limiters on the H and L needles. Probably just plastic stops. Cut or file those off. Be careful setting the saw too lean, but close will be the best performance.

Get a 24" or 20" b&c. Looks like the rakers on your current chain need dropped too.

The oiler adjustment is accessed from the botom of the saw. Its behind the clutch.

After that you have to get into porting stuff. Not sure if a gasket delete would help
an x-torq or not.

Back