I thought stihl chain was expensive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In general, Lowe's does not impress me these days. This is not an isolated incident. But they're the only act in town so far. I look forward to the day when we finally get a Home Depot here.

My local Stihl dealer has a buy one get one free deal on their chains. I needed a chain fast so I ran into Southern States and a 20" yellow box chain for my MS290 came to $40 and some pennies, tax included. The next time I was at the dealers, I got 2 20" yellow box chains for, I think, $38+. So the Stihl only dealer sold two for a couple dollars less that Southern States sold one.

I purchased my saw accessories wholesale through the business. I bought onsale chain loops Oregon $6 and up per loop, bars as low was $5 laser tip on clearance.
Can’t make much profit over paying for bars, chain, files. Surf online for deals, specials, clearances. That’s the time to stock up.

I purchased my saw accessories wholesale through the business. I bought onsale chain loops Oregon $6 and up per loop, bars as low was $5 laser tip on clearance.
Can’t make much profit over paying for bars, chain, files. Surf online for deals, specials, clearances. That’s the time to stock up.

@Huskybill , how recent are those prices.....and where do you suggest one look for the deals?

Latest posts

Back