I want to buy a set of "Long Shank Impact Bits"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the torx ones ok but don't see any hex/ Allen head ones. Maybe I will have to go to a tool store.

The one I showed saying hex are hex/Allen. If you look at the image it will show underneath it "NOTE: The product title and description supersedes the image shown. The picture provided by the manufacturer is not always exact. We may use the same image for multiple sizes of an item." They are Allen's.

Take this one for instance. https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-380049-7-32-x-152mm-hex-power-bit/ it's 7/32 allen, Torx's use T? for their description.

The one I showed saying hex are hex/Allen. If you look at the image it will show underneath it "NOTE: The product title and description supersedes the image shown. The picture provided by the manufacturer is not always exact. We may use the same image for multiple sizes of an item." They are Allen's.

Take this one for instance. https://www.kctoolco.com/wera-380049-7-32-x-152mm-hex-power-bit/ it's 7/32 allen, Torx's use T? for their description.
Oh.. ok I see that now sorry

I do have time I need a bolt too .I dropped the Jonsered top cover upside down on the floor the other day. One of the cover hold down Allen bolts fell out, ..of course. It is right there on the floor but you think I can find it.. no fricken way that thing must have slipped into the 4th dimension cause she is gone.

Well I am back at the search again. I have to say it is madding looking through hundreds of individual bits. I have been most recently at the link lostone gave me. They have some short some med length some long (these are what I am looking for 6" bits) some METRIC some SAE all mixed together on the same pages. You look through a couple hundred separate bits that are 30mm long then you see one that is 50mm then back to 30mm or less then 152mm then back to 20mm. It seems you could spend all day trying to put together a set and then I would miss the one I need probably.
I thought it would be easy to find 3 sets of long bits but it does not seem so. I will most likely have to go to a tool store. I went to the Fastnel site but they don't have any the length I am looking for. I found a mish mash of stuff on Amazon but god only knows who made em or if they are any good (rant almost finished ) ha ha

I want a metric set of HEX/ALLEN bits. then a set of SAE ALLEN bits and finally a set of TORX bits all 6" long so I can reach down through the holes in cylinder fins to loosen the cylinder bolts. So these kind of bits will work best as they would easily fit down through any cylinder bolt hole.

You are asking for impact grade stuff. There is powered screw driver stuff with the same shank. There could be an issue of what is really impact grade. for the small stuff it will (might) have a narrow section that has some torsional flex like one might find helpful if you drive a lot of wood t20 fastners.

I have made my own t handle tools with the little tips that are an inch or so long with a proper chill bar and tig and ni rod. Probably do not need the chill bar if you use the longer ones that have the end for the tool desired here, would need two and a rod. Silicon bronze would be even lower temp than Ni rod.

Using a drill/driver with an impact action is the way to go, different steel that is involved with the high grade spring steel t-handle wrenches. I had bought a set of Snap-On T-handle Allen head wrenches once, and did not like them much, compared to the high quality T-Handle ones that Stihl sold, then Stihl switched to Wiha.

Hi everyone I saw something this week at a saw shop that I want to buy but don't know how to begin looking for them. I will call them long shank Allen head and maybe Torx head bits.
I am looking for a Jonsered 625 cylinder and I stopped by a dealers shop in my travels. He had an old carcass but we needed to remove the cylinder to look at it first. He had a small cordless 1/4 impact (like mine a Milwaukee) he grabbed an Allen bit about 8" long and it reached all the way down through the cylinder to the bolt and removed it.
I have looked for every combination of the words long impact Allen or Torx bit/ driver bit still no luck. I have a set of the Whia chainsaw repair hand tools from Baileys but would like a set for my 1/4 impact as well. Both Torx and Allen if you know what they are called I would appreciate the correct terminology so I can find them too. Thanks Jeff
This is what I use, haven't had the need to buy the black impact version . Lots of use and I have only gotten 2 out of the pack so far .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Irwin-93371-Torx-Power-Bit-T27-1-4-Hex-Drive-6-OAL-5-Pieces-/332450745514

If you really want the impact rated stuff,try this
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Irwin-Power-Bit-1-4-x-6-In-T27-Point-1837630-/142651057093

Back