I want to improve my climbing rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the way the load is distributed on the TIP changes, it goes from all the load being applied downward to part of the load being applied sideways in the direction of the angle.

An easy way to think about is that a rope pulls along it's length, if the rope is pointing west and has an angle to the east that turns and points down, then the rope is pulling the TIP to the west and down.

The load is applied downward, and to one side to a greater or lesser degree depending on the angle that it crosses the TIP.

This is not about force vector applied to the anchor.

This is about the lbf applied to the legs of the rope by changing the angle at which the running end is anchored.

Again you're misinterpreting what I said.

In DdRT you get half the return for the leg motion imparted on the rope. If your stroke is 2' then you only get 1' of upward movement, because half of that 2' is dispersed downward, while the other half is dispersed upward.

If you were to film yourself climbing DdRT and SRT, then play it back in slow motion, you'd see that your legs move the same amount in each, but that the movement is dispersed in two different directions in DdRT.

No, in ddrt you get full return for each motion. But you have to pull twice as much rope, because you're lifting half the weight (plus friction). The same amount of work is being performed.

In a loss less ddrt system, you do the same amount of work to move 200 lbs to fifty feet as you do with a 200 lb load climbing to fifty feet on an srt system.

And you're "video ddrt and srt" example is just wrong, because the legs don't move at all in an srt system, you move along the working leg.

No, in ddrt you get full return for each motion. But you have to pull twice as much rope, because you're lifting half the weight (plus friction). The same amount of work is being performed.

In a loss less ddrt system, you do the same amount of work to move 200 lbs to fifty feet as you do with a 200 lb load climbing to fifty feet on an srt system.

And you're "video ddrt and srt" example is just wrong, because the legs don't move at all in an srt system, you move along the working leg.

You're full of #### as a Christmas turkey!

Clueless Carby strikes again ! ddhlakebound is EXACTLY right on this one.

There was some good advice posted for CC a few posts back. Too bad he can't seem to comprehend it.

Rick

Clueless Carby strikes again ! ddhlakebound is EXACTLY right on this one.

There was some good advice posted for CC a few posts back. Too bad he can't seem to comprehend it.

Rick

Ditto for you.

Cause you're not getting full return for your effort if you have to pull twice as much rope, you're only getting half return. Twice the pulling for half the progress.

Unless you're a big ol ##### who can't pull his own weight you're better off climbing SRT.

Last edited:
Again you're misinterpreting what I said

How the "f" can you say that when you have intentionally changed another persons post? Misinterpreted, or straight up lied. I don't know, but I suspect if someone did the same to you, we would be hearing from your attorney for "deprivation of character.". And to quote a favorite movie of mine, "because you are a character, doesn't mean you have character."

Ditto for you.

Cause you're not getting full return for your effort if you have to pull twice as much rope, you're only getting half return. Twice the pulling for half the progress.

Unless you're a big ol ##### who can't pull his own weight you're better off climbing SRT.

Clueless,
You only have to apply half the force to your leg in DRT to lift a step. True, you only get half the lift, but that is the trade off. TOTAL work is the same to climb 50' DRT and SRT! Think of climbing 300 8" steps or 100 24" steps. You still get 200' higher at the end of the climb, but your knees will feel better on the 8" steps.
I climb both SRT and DRT depending on the need. No problem pulling my weight or using my brain!

Rick

Clueless,
You only have to apply half the force to your leg in DRT to lift a step. True, you only get half the lift, but that is the trade off. TOTAL work is the same to climb 50' DRT and SRT! Think of climbing 300 8" steps or 100 24" steps. You still get 200' higher at the end of the climb, but your knees will feel better on the 8" steps.
Rick

I know that, and that's what I mean when I say you only get half return for your effort.

I'm not trying to understand any of this, I already do, I was only trying to help Ropeclimber get his head around it, since he said he was having trouble understanding it.

Stop patronizing me.

Hey, flush out your headgear there Pulp Fiction. You're sucking up to the trolls.

Don't evade the questions. Did you, or did you not order lava? I'm asking if they made it right, or what. I'm not sucking up to anyone. I don't get my validation from people, it makes life easier. I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone. Please don't attack me, its not worth your time. Just do us all a favor and answer if you bought the lava, what happened to it, and what, if anything, did sherrill do about it?

Man I've read 2 threads just now and that Carbie guys fiesty as hell kinda warms my heart to see the hate spread on such an even keel ...:hmm3grin2orange:

You're full of #### as a Christmas turkey!

You stuff your Christmas turkey full of ####? And then eat it? Sounds bout right for you.......

Clueless Carbie said:
I know that, and that's what I mean when I say you only get half return for your effort.

I'm not trying to understand any of this, I already do, I was only trying to help Ropeclimber get his head around it, since he said he was having trouble understanding it.

Most times I think you're lucky to remember your name and how to wipe your ass. Practically the only thing you've been right about was the ddrt 2:1 that ROPECLIMBER got wrong for a day (while his GF was in for surgery).

And the really sad part is, that you don't even get that you don't get it.

You stuff your Christmas turkey full of ####? And then eat it? Sounds bout right for you.......

Most times I think you're lucky to remember your name and how to wipe your ass. Practically the only thing you've been right about was the ddrt 2:1 that ROPECLIMBER got wrong for a day (while his GF was in for surgery).

And the really sad part is, that you don't even get that you don't get it.

I'm the one that gets it.

You're the one that's rambling on and on about something you don't fully understand. You don't get it, because you think you know it all.

I, on the other hand, get it because I take the time to investigate what's really going on.

Then there's YOU!

Did your mother have any children that lived? Are you the end result?

You can't shut your pie hole long enough to let your brain engage.

You're always spewing your lizard brained psycho raging mind spasmatic tongue trash to the point that you're stuck in Terets syndrome mode while the rest of us are doing constructive things.

The really sad part is that you have friends just like you.

I'm the one that gets it.

If only that were true! Clueless, you are dead WRONG when you say that it is half the return for the same effort. It is half the return for HALF the effort. Why can't you understand something so simple ?

Even primates seem to understand that concept. Can't believe you have the nads to question anybodys ancestry. You of all creatures!
Rick

If only that were true! Clueless, you are dead WRONG when you say that it is half the return for the same effort. It is half the return for HALF the effort. Why can't you understand something so simple ?

Well, whether it's half return or half effort, it's still half-fast. Even primates seem to understand that concept.

Didn't you just order lava from sherill, and get short roped?? What ever came of that? Don't like the lava, or what?

The Lava is good rope, it glazes kinda easy if you descend fast on just the hitch(the split tail glazes not the rope), but Lava is plenty tough enough to take it.

Back