I want to improve my climbing rig

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need help, your wrong, I know better.............I need help, your wrong, I know...

Amazing, sometimes, I just dont understand the motivation.

EMMM, great patience u have Ropeclimber, this is the way of the force.

Last edited:
Actually the way the load is distributed on the TIP changes, it goes from all the load being applied downward to part of the load being applied sideways in the direction of the angle.

An easy way to think about is that a rope pulls along it's length, if the rope is pointing west and has an angle to the east that turns and points down, then the rope is pulling the TIP to the west and down.

The load is applied downward, and to one side to a greater or lesser degree depending on the angle that it crosses the TIP.

How do I post this in the funny section, I think I pulled somthing, lol Thanks Carb, Do you have a MA in Engeneering,or just copy this from another site, was funny because of the east west angles, I thought where did you get a 1 ended rope,points west but not east, had to read it twice, but guess you are back on SRT, for that example.
Thanks S.G.B. and thanks for all with the good comments and wishes for my GF for the surgery,
Annette, is back home, She had got dehydrated and blood press went way down, so was in ICU a couple of extra days but is doing great now, they took out 10" and the biopsy is benine, just threw a wrench into Colorado for a bit but still going in June,
Paul

Last edited:
Clueless,
You only have to apply half the force to your leg in DRT to lift a step. True, you only get half the lift, but that is the trade off. TOTAL work is the same to climb 50' DRT and SRT! Think of climbing 300 8" steps or 100 24" steps. You still get 200' higher at the end of the climb, but your knees will feel better on the 8" steps.
I climb both SRT and DRT depending on the need. No problem pulling my weight or using my brain!

Rick

Rick I like the stairs comparison, Oh well I very seldome foot lock very far on Ddrt, just to get back to a redirect or missed dead wood etc, mostly hip thrust when on the trunk, most trees here are 50-60 feet tops, a few valley trees up around 90, different in Colorodo, narrow leaf cotton woods are 90-120 almost have to use SRT with a retevable bowline or haul a 200 foot rope, Which I don't have yet,
Paul

If you choose to reply in such a manner then you're the only one wasting YOUR time. :cool2:

Who in the world is Aerial Mason? :alien2:[/QUOTE

Do a search for "The Aerialist" lmao. That guy is NUTS!:after_boom:

Let's see....

Rotten tree, ladder, rope cannon...

Sort of a Rambo meets Tim Taylor kind of thing.

Yep, he's a tree guy alright.

Latest posts

Back