I was out snooping in my neighbors backyard...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hope it wasn't stacked on old RR ties... I hear its bad for you?
If the wood is stacked on old RR ties with the bark down, it is fine. The contaminated bark can be removed before the wood is taken in and the contaminated bark bagged and disposed of at the local hazmat site

If the wood is stacked on old RR ties with the bark down, it is fine. The contaminated bark can be removed before the wood is taken in and the contaminated bark bagged and disposed of at the local hazmat site
thanks for the info...I was worried I would end up killing my neighbors if I burned it...now I know to take the bark off...THANKS!

A neighbor of mine went away for a couple days and I agreed to build fires in his small house for him so stuff wouldn't freeze. He's got a small stove that works well, but no damper on the pipe. I gave him a ride to town the other day and mentioned the lack of damper. He said the stove manufacturer said no damper was needed. I suggested a lot of heat was passing up the pipe, and he was burning a lot more wood than if he put on a damper. He didn't seem impressed at my reasoning, preferring to rely on the manufacturers suggesstion. Great neighbor, really friendly guy, but got this idea in his head. I suppose the polite, most neighborly thing to do is not bring it up again.

Back